Head hits side

Please read before posting to the forum

Moderators: HPC, Daven

davehills

Head hits side

Post by davehills »

Hi All,

Very occasionally, someone will come in and run their drawing on my machine (LS6840) and the head runs into the side, due to an error or whatever in their drawing.

I was under the impression that the limit switches should stop this sort of thing from occurring? The limit switches work fine when I move the head around using the arrow keys and prevent the head being moved beyond the limits of the bed, but uploaded data seems to be able to override these somehow and the machine attempts to send the head where it cannot go...

Is this just a "feature" of these machines or perhaps a setting has been unset somewhere?
Spooky

Re: Head hits side

Post by Spooky »

I've seen it before but never found out what causes it, some of the time it will be a drawing down on a cheap package that has a Z depth (it sends the motors crazy) but as yet I can't seem to find a definitive answer other than that.

(check the bed cutting area in the settings, should be 670 x 390)
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC
Dave@OpticalPower.co.uk