SMOKE LEAKING FROM EXHAUST FAN

Please read before posting to the forum

Moderators: HPC, Daven

Rick

SMOKE LEAKING FROM EXHAUST FAN

Post by Rick »

All of a sudden I am getting extreme smoke/fumes leaking from the exhaust fan vent at the back of the extractor fan. The flap by the extraction tube is locked open and there is a lot of smoke from the extractor outlet. I have duct taped the fan housing around its mounting so there is no leakage there and I have recently dismantled the fan assembly and thoroughly cleaned all the parts.

There doesn't seem to be any seal between the fan housing and the ventilation of the motor - but until recently there was no significant leakage. Any thoughts anyone have would be (once again) much appreciated!

Richard
Lightnin

Re: SMOKE LEAKING FROM EXHAUST FAN

Post by Lightnin »

what machine ?
are you venting outside ?
if so, do you have sufficient air flow/ventilation into the room, to expel the smoke ?

Duct Tape ! ?
Rick

Post by Rick »

Hi! Sorry for missing details - it's an LS3020LSCT. I am venting to the outside and have been doing since I purchased the machine about 18 months ago. I have sealed around where the fan housing slots into the machine with duct/gaffer tape as it is not an airtight fit.

All has been well until yesterday when nothing changed except large amounts of smoke/fumes expelled from the back of the fan housing through the motor cooling vents.
Daven

Post by Daven »

If it is the fan that is in a red box - the vanes of the fan can block if you have one a lot of engraving. Take it there are no blockages further down the pipe ;)

If you disconnect the pipes does it blow out ok?

Best
Dave
Using two LS3060's and an ex 3020 user
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC