Recycling Acrylic?

Moderator: Admin

Minihack

Recycling Acrylic?

Postby Minihack » Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:56 am

Hi,
What do you do for recycling acrylic waste?
I have built up a large amount here ( I would say in excess of a ton) and now need to find someone willing to collect ( preferably ) or within driving distance in West Yorkshire where I can actually take the materials for disposal. At this stage, I am not concerned in actually being paid for my waste and would pay to have it taken away for responsible recycling.

Daven

Re: Recycling Acrylic?

Postby Daven » Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:21 pm

The suppler I use was happy to collect small amounts when I had a delivery but things changed and 'management' stopped them doing it! I now pay for a 'not to landfill' waste collection each month!.

You could try Perspex - they do have a set up that collects and recycles but they were more interested in having a contract rather than a one off!

Best
Dave
Using two LS3060's and an ex 3020 user
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC

Minihack

Postby Minihack » Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:48 pm

Thanks for the reply. How did you set up the 'not to landfill' collection may I ask? I'd be grateful for any contact that might help....
Dave.

Minihack

Postby Minihack » Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:57 pm

I have filled in a contact form for Sibani ( the waste partner for Perspex) and hope that I can arrange something!

Daven

Postby Daven » Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:14 pm

Mine is with a local waste company - I have a large wheelie bin which I can use for all waste - they take it and sort so quite handy!

Let us know how you get on!

Best
Dave
Using two LS3060's and an ex 3020 user
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC

izzysdaddy

Postby izzysdaddy » Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:24 pm

Evening

I use a company based in Chelmsford Essex called Recycled Plastics. They are owned by Amari Plastics. Amari Plastics transport their own sheet to other branches within the group & believe the branches bring their scrap bins to Basildon (East London) branch. This is where Recycled Plastics collect & process the waste at their factory. Sibani is based approx 4 miles from where I am & yes have the Perspex contract but have heard recently that China is cutting down on the ground waste from them. I have two scrap bins four foot square, four foot high supplied by Recycled Plastics who come to my area on a regular basis. So for me disposing of acrylic waste is not a problem. Nowadays there is no value in acrylic waste as the recycling process is quite expensive. I think I now get about £22 per ton but depending on the market sometimes I get less. I'm not bothered about payment as long as I can dispose the waste at no cost to me. I would help you out disposing the waste but I think it would not be cost effective for you to transport the scrap to me. Forgot to mention I have been a acrylic fabricator for the last 30 years so I am used to handling this material.

Stuart
owner of a LS1290

Return to “General Discussion”