Problem cutting

Moderators: HPC, Daven

Diysurgeon

Problem cutting

Post by Diysurgeon »

I have the 1290 150w laser. I have been cutting some tree shapes from 6mm Ply and MDF. My problem is the depth of cut is inconsistent. Parts of the tree profile it cuts all the way through and other part only about 2/3rds of the depth. I have tried various speeds and power settings. It has started doing this on 3mm acrylic as well, but not all the time but randomly.

Does anyone have any ideas? Becoming very frustrating and I am wasying a lot of material.

Thanks

Mike
Daven

Re: Problem cutting

Post by Daven »

If it is roughly the same place it would be focus if random check everything is clean and lenses are not loose.

How old is the tube?

Best
Dave
Using two LS3060's and an ex 3020 user
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC
Diysurgeon

Post by Diysurgeon »

Hi Dave

Thanks for your reply.

I cleaned all the mirrors and the lens. I also checked the alignment. The tube is just under 3 years old. The chiller does give an error message E02. Which results in the water temperature dropping to around 4 or 5 degrees. This has been like this for around a year. There is no pattern. I can repeat a shape, sometimes it cuts all of it out, some times only 2/3rd of the shape. It engraves no problem and cuts 3mm ply no problem. Perhaps I need a new tube
Daven

Post by Daven »

My guess is the tube but ask HPC first - 3 years is quite good for a tube ;)

Best
Dave
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC
Diysurgeon

Post by Diysurgeon »

Bit the bullet and collected a new tube from one of HPC engineers. Met up with him in Essex to collect the tube and drive back to Norfolk.
Fitted it last Wednesday. Took a little while to align the mirrors and laser as the new tube was a smaller diameter. As the old tube was 150w and the new one is 80w I also had to get and fit a new power pack. All sorted now and the difference is unbelievable.
Daven

Post by Daven »

Well done ;)

Best
Dave
Hazel

Post by Hazel »

Hi. I am currently having the EXACT same problem, it;s cutting through perfectly on some parts and not all the way through on others, I'm getting almost a dotted line sometimes. I contacted HPC and they said it is probably the laser tube so I am pleased to hear someone else had the diagnosis and changing the laser tube worked, so hopefully it shall for me too. :D
LS3020 user
Hazel

Post by Hazel »

UPDATE:

I have now fitted my new laser tube and now my laser is cutting everything perfectly and I am back to using the same speeds and power as when I first got it. So now it is good as new! :D
LS3020 user
Daven

Post by Daven »

Well done :)

Best
Dave