[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 590: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 646: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 492: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 492: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5133: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5133: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
can anyone tell me a good way to mask acrylic? - Laserscript

can anyone tell me a good way to mask acrylic?

Moderator: Admin

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
MarkRobb

can anyone tell me a good way to mask acrylic?

Postby MarkRobb » Thu Jul 26, 2018 6:15 pm

Hi, I'm a new owner of an LS03040. Looking good so far in terms of reliability and precision of machine. A quick question for anyone reading. Am doing a lot of fine engraving on acrylic and I infill the engrave with acrylic paint. Normally I can leave the paint to go off slightly and then rub off excess with a J cloth, this leaves a nice finish, however I am trying to use gold acrylic paint for an infill. The problem with this is the acrylic paint actually contains fine metal filings and when I try to remove it from the acrylic it scratches the acrylic. My question is, can I coat the acrylic before the engrave with something which when the engrave is finished I can daub on the gold acrylic and it will only cling to the engraved surface and not the masked surface. Thank you anyone in advance for replying

Daven

Re: can anyone tell me a good way to mask acrylic?

Postby Daven » Sat Jul 28, 2018 9:32 pm

Try application tape - it is a thin paper tape available in different widths ;)

Best
Dave
Using two LS3060's and an ex 3020 user

MarkRobb

Postby MarkRobb » Thu Aug 02, 2018 11:16 am

Thanks Dave, may give that a try, in the meantime will experiment with some kind of cut down windscreen wiper arrangement to see if I can remove nearly all the excess with this

Daven

Postby Daven » Thu Aug 02, 2018 8:40 pm

You could try spraying with furniture polish - I didn't find it worked for what I wanted but it may work in your situation.

Best
Dave
Using two LS3060's and an ex 3020 user

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “General Discussion”