Hello from Bedford!

Moderators: HPC, Daven

adsnbecs

Hello from Bedford!

Post by adsnbecs »

Hi there, I am new to all of this and over Christmas researched and subsequently bought a LS3020. We had it delivered this week, and after taking a couple of evenings setting it up and also having to obtain 35 litres of water from various local homebases and halfords (LOL), the machine appears to be fully ready and working!
I have spent the last 4 years working from home building up a business of personalised plaques. Up to now, these have all been handwritten by myself, and sold some 3000 on Amazon this Christmas season.
I was looking for a quicker output and also a nicer style of plaque. Whilst i have ok handwriting, an engraved saying on a plaque or freestanding block undoubtedly looks so much nicer.
We are currently having some real headaches getting Newlydraw to work with the laser ok. Its all set up and working ok, but the laser isnt where my image on the PC screen is ah!! Currently been ringing HPC for the last 2 hours but no answer :cry: :cry:
Anyhow thought I would say hello between trying to obtain some help.
Hope you all have a good weekend
Becs xx
Daven

Re: Hello from Bedford!

Post by Daven »

Hi Becs,
Welcome to the forum ;)

It's a while since I used ND but if I remember rightly you can adjust the X and Y position and then push the 'To x,y' button and it will take the head to your start position - you have to go to the start position for each new job.

AFAIK there is not a link between the laser feeding back to ND where the current position of the head is.

Best
Dave
Using two LS3060's and an ex 3020 user
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC
adsnbecs

Post by adsnbecs »

Hi Dave, thank you, I think we are now slightly further forward having read a suggestion of -70x, 20y, we have actually printed something now - just need to tinker :P :P
Dynamode

Re~Laser

Post by Dynamode »

Hello Becs

I purchased a New Baby Model from HPC, running Newly Draw, last year

It's a basic program, but once you get your head round it, it will do more than you think.

When you have your project on the page in front of you, it does not matter where it is on the screen, select all and then click Engrave, it will take you to the settings page, you will see a TAB XY, click on that and it will send the head over to the left. You will see 4 Large Tabs too the right, if you click the left one it will put the head further over, and if you click the top one it will take it further up, so you can start your cut from the furthest point away from the right edge. If you can't get it right in the corner, just move your project a bit to get it right. I have cut leaving nearly nothing on the starting edge it's that precise.

Don't forget to select Cut or Scan before you make the final cut. I made a few mistakes when I first got mine, and still do if I'm busy.

You just have to remember that when you start, you are working at 300x200, so if you want the image in the middle, set the head to start at that point, it's that easy. I might be telling you wrong, but it works fine for me.

One thing I will say, if you are doing a lot of work in one go, you need to get a temp gauge for your water tank, I found it does not take long to get near the safety level of over heating. If you are working inside at room temp, the water is not that cool. If I can pass on a bit more advice, get a Chiller, the machine works much better. I cut Hobarts 3mm ply at 5ma, and 3mm HPC Perspex at 4ma, so you don't need to burn it flat out. Remember, don't throw your off cuts away, it will cut within a hairs width, so there's not a lot of waste.

I hope this helps.

One last thing, don't try too run it too fast, it will hit and miss your project, it's better to let it run a bit slower and not waste your work.

Happy Cutting, Dy
Spooky

Post by Spooky »

Hi Becs :)

cheers

Dave
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC
Dave@OpticalPower.co.uk