Y10 E-twinning world clock project.

Moderators: HPC, Daven

Pedro_Hernandez

Y10 E-twinning world clock project.

Post by Pedro_Hernandez »

This was the first ever project I undertook with Students when I first joined the School as Technician.

A selection of Y10 Electronics students were selected to design a wall display to reflect the Dept E-twinning. They sketched out what they wanted and did all the wiring and I made the display to fit.

It's been up 1.5 years and all the push to make switches and LED's still work despite being poked and generaly abused by all the other students !. I think the times need adjusting though!.

I think there's around 4 layer's in the end and a mix of etch and light reverse cut for detailing as well as vinyl decals.

What I would say is that it's great having a 1290 as you can bung full sheets on and crack on with it, if your a School or College and got the space you cant go wrong with this machine.

Regards

Peter
HPC1290 User HPC 3020 Owner
Spooky

Re: Y10 E-twinning world clock project.

Post by Spooky »

Thats some tidy work Peter :)
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC
Dave@OpticalPower.co.uk
SimonMallas

Post by SimonMallas »

Hi Pedro,
Nice bit of horology : ) what time is it in Mexico.....?
endcan

Post by endcan »

Hi This is a cool bit of work .. working on the same principle of the new edge lit signs, with your laser draw lines (low power cut fast )
Then cover with opal apply led to sides ... gives a constant illumination Just a thought >>>>keeps your brain working
Personalised bike bitz,Metal marking,adhesive decals