Trays... Save Time when Cleaning

Moderator: Admin

TimBobTastic

Trays... Save Time when Cleaning

Postby TimBobTastic » Mon Oct 03, 2016 10:38 am

This time of year I find myself cutting lots of gift tags and baubles and generally lots of things with small holes where the waste is small enough to drop through the honeycomb bed.

I clean under the honeycomb after every sheet, and getting those small items can be a pain, as can cleaning the residue from the painted tray. (I usually remove the bed tray from the machine every few months for power washing as well)

I thought, there must be an easier way, and asked a friendly tin basher (my old apprentice) if he could make me some trays....

Now cleaning is a simple case or removing the bed, and then removing each tray in turn, emptying it into the bin, and giving it a wipe to remove residue....

There is a mild steel tray in each compartment of the bed and a stainless steel strip covering the screws at each end, my cleaning time between sheets has been reduced by around 50%.

My plan is to remove the bed assembly, power wash it <again> to remove any residue, and then spend a bit of time levelling everything up again in the hope that I will never have to remove the painted tray for cleaning again. The trays will shield the painted tray from most of the muck and the rest can easily be wiped away using a baby wipe....

I could use a vacuum cleaner to remove the off cuts, but storage is at a premium, and a vacuum does not stop residue from getting in those hard to reach areas....
LS3060 PLUS with a 60w tube, Chiller and Bofa filter :-)
Online Store http://www.t2kreations.co.uk
Personal Website... http://www.timbobtastic.com

Lightnin

Re: Trays... Save Time when Cleaning

Postby Lightnin » Tue Oct 04, 2016 1:40 pm

how do you get any extraction from below ?

Daven

Postby Daven » Tue Oct 04, 2016 2:06 pm

There is nor extraction from that point on the 3060 (well the earlier ones - not sure about the current range as I know they have been altered a bit).

I don't bother about cleaning that part - just hoover it out and that's it so trays are a good idea if no access to a hoover but I would make sure they are not too shiny so there is no reflection of the beam.

Best
Dave
Using two LS3060's and an ex 3020 user
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC

Lightnin

Postby Lightnin » Thu Oct 06, 2016 3:53 pm

ah, ok .. I like good extraction from below, it helps stop smoke marks on MDF and "popping" on acrylic

Return to “Off Topic”