Mirror acrylic - where to buy

Moderators: HPC, Daven

dreamcatcher

Mirror acrylic - where to buy

Post by dreamcatcher »

Hi everyone

We've had our HPC 3020 for about 3 months now and have been having fun with it although the learning curve is still steep! I've had some success with clear acrylic but I'd like to have a go at cutting and engraving some mirror acrylic. I'm a bit confused at what to buy. Can you get cast mirror acrylic or is it all extruded? I don't want to wreck my laser by getting the wrong stuff. I'm looking for about 3mm in A4. Can anyone recommend a supplier please.

Thanks very much.
Pam
Daven

Re: Mirror acrylic - where to buy

Post by Daven »

I use this company ;)

Best
Dave
Using two LS3060's and an ex 3020 user
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC
dreamcatcher

Post by dreamcatcher »

Thank you very much for you quick reply. I really appreciate the help given on this forum.

Pam
Lightnin

Post by Lightnin »

LOL Dave ! .. their logo cracked me up !

Wholesale "P.O.S" ! :lol:
Daven

Post by Daven »

dreamcatcher wrote:Thank you very much for you quick reply. I really appreciate the help given on this forum.

Pam
No problems ;)
Lightnin wrote:LOL Dave ! .. their logo cracked me up !

Wholesale "P.O.S" ! :lol:
Trust you LOL - living in the country, we often see it wholesale!! :)

Best
Dave
Using two LS3060's and an ex 3020 user
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC
Tom

Post by Tom »

:lol:
Hazel

Post by Hazel »

I have bought mirrored acrylic from a few different places and have had mixed results. The best I ever got was from eBay, the same company as Dave recommended I think.

I would say do not buy from a company called 'Plastic Sheets'. I saw that they had great prices so I bought a sheet in every colour from them which came to around £70. They arrived with the grey mirrored backing quite scratched, a few were really scratched, as if someone had gone sledging on it! :( I had quite a battle with them to get a refund and had to open a Paypal dispute in the end to get my money back (thank God I paid through Paypal). After this I read reviews of the company and many others have had similar experiences with difficulties getting refunds and calls and emails to the company being ignored.

So Iearned that if prices seem to good to be true they probably be are and even if the company seems big and decent from their website always check independent reviews.

So although the eBay one was more expensive than other 3 places I have tried, the acrylic was the best quality and had the nicest cut.

Hope this helps :D
LS3020 user