Tried everything Machine will not cut

Moderators: HPC, Daven

Anne

Tried everything Machine will not cut

Post by Anne »

Machine is just not cutting just making a ridge.
I have changed the water, cleaned the mirrors, nozzle and eventually completed an alignment, the bed is clean from debris. It has been having problems cutting cleanly for a while and for a long while (several months) it has had to go round twice to cut. I am at a total loss and desperate for help as I have orders that are paid for and I cannot complete.
Daven

Re: Tried everything Machine will not cut

Post by Daven »

Could be dying tube - what machine and tube power? Is the water flowing well?

Best
Dave
Using two LS3060's and an ex 3020 user
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC
Anne

Post by Anne »

Hi Dave
It is a Laserscript 3060 and yes water seems to be ok. I dont know the tube power but I purchased from Laserscript themselves if that helps. i.e I have not changed it so whatever the machine comes with
Daven

Post by Daven »

The 3060 is 40w but can be upgraded to 60w (it would have an extension on the side of the cabinet to accept the longer tube.

Did you take the lens out and clean it as well?

Use a mirror and check the output coupler mirror on the end of the tube (by the first mirror) and see if it is ok or needs a clean - be very careful cleaning it as it cannot be removed or replaced.

If it is clean and the power has been dropping gradually over the last few weeks it sounds like the tube could be on the way out so would be worth calling HPC

Best
Dave
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC
Anne

Post by Anne »

Thanks for your reply Dave
Yes I did take the lens out, I am not sure which way it was to go back as had conflicting advice (curved side up or down) but I dont think it would make the amount of difference I have.
I will check the other part in the morning and give them a ring if need be. Do you know how much a new tube costs, roughly? xx
Anne x
Daven

Post by Daven »

Hi Anne - sorry just seen this.
Yes curved up or down doesn't make a lot of difference - I used curved up but focus at different points depending what I am doing but by and large don't worry as long as the lens is clean and does not have too much of a halo (same with mirrors).

Tube was 420 for a 60w collected from engineer who was in Devon at the time.

Best
Dave