Box maker

Moderators: HPC, Daven

Daven

Box maker

Post by Daven »

Just found this web site. If you want a box plan on the quick the online version creates a PDF. I have not cut one yet but it look ok to me.

You can also download a stand alone version here

;)

Dave
Using two LS3060's and an ex 3020 user
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC
Spooky

Re: Box maker

Post by Spooky »

Nice find Dave!!

I can take the vectors from a PDF file and generate a DXF. (PDF gfx are vectors) lemme see if I can write something up in C to do the work for us :)

really good find mate :)

best wishes

Dave
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC
Dave@OpticalPower.co.uk
Daven

Post by Daven »

No probs - just a lucky browsing session ;-)

Cheers

Dave
Ryddingsdale

Post by Ryddingsdale »

Really good, how do I convert from adobe to a DXF file?
LS 1290 User & 3020 Owner
Spooky

Post by Spooky »

I'm working on a little program that will do it for you :)

In the meantime a program like Photoshop will open PDF files and save them as a JPG, from there use any of the simple Raster to Vector programs to generate your DXF.

best wishes

Dave
Dave@OpticalPower.co.uk
Daven

Post by Daven »

Or until Dave's version is available - have a look at http://anydwg.com/ PDF to DWG converter (also converts to DXF) free to use up to 3 files a time.

;)
Dave
Ryddingsdale

Post by Ryddingsdale »

Just tried convert from pdf to dxf, made a simple box 70mm x 30mm, converted into dxf file, imported file into laser software, but box was over 1400mm??
Any ideas?

regards
Dale.
LS 1290 User & 3020 Owner
Spooky

Post by Spooky »

Hiya Dale,

Boxmaker creates files in imperial format, when converted to metric via raster to vector software it gets the scale wrong, usually by a factor of 10 :)

I had the same problem, just rescale in your cad package :)

best wishes

Dave
Dave@OpticalPower.co.uk
PhillyDee

Post by PhillyDee »

I have had varying results with this! Doesn't seem to matter what sizes I specifiy in the box maker, it just outputs whatever it feels like!
And there is a scale factor setting in that converter, which just seems to confuse matters even further. That said, I had 2 partially successful boxes with it. One of which I had to hammer together, the other which sticks out at the joints as its only half the depth :D. Even so, still 2 boxes!
http://www.tmbelectronics.com - Electronics, tools, hobby tools, power tools, and much more!

An ex LS3020 user now playing with an LS6840PRO (60W) and an LS1290PRO (80W)
tweakie

Post by tweakie »

Perhaps the problems are related to the size of the box and the software just scales up the errors.
I made some small boxes with this software and had no problems at all with size or fit, perhaps I am just the lucky one. :D

Tweakie.
Attachments
DSC00403aaa.jpg
(51.52 KiB) Downloaded 1410 times