Have Speed /Feed/Temperature settings delivered

Moderator: Admin

Spooky

Have Speed /Feed/Temperature settings delivered

Postby Spooky » Tue May 24, 2011 8:33 pm

Well it had to be done I guess :)

I'm a bit of a techno geek so I developed an IPAD2 app for storing and sending laser settings (my memory can be a bit twitchy) it sets the info out in a small HTML table for each given tube size and temperature, so I could access it from another machine I wrote in a function to send it by email. With that in mind if anybody wants me to autosend them a reference just drop me a line on dave@opticalpower.co.uk or Text to 07709066493 with their email address you want it sent to.

It currently has Tube Power Rating, Material, Thickness, Speed and Power% included for each item.

Currently I have 6 tube powers and 18 materials listed in 6 different thickness sizes and a nominal temperature range, I'm going to be adding a database of tube life figures as well when time permits so that as a tube gets older you will know what to expect. Longer term I plan on having it send temperature curves for efficiency as well but that's going to take a bit of time.

I should have the app finalised by the end of the week and be able to start sending out the databases to anybody that wants them.

best wishes

Dave
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC
Dave@OpticalPower.co.uk

PhillyDee

Re: Have Speed /Feed/Temperature settings delivered

Postby PhillyDee » Tue May 24, 2011 8:46 pm

Very nice! I use a whiteboard :p. Anyway, I have a dell laptop, and an HD7, so no use to me!
http://www.tmbelectronics.com - Electronics, tools, hobby tools, power tools, and much more!

An ex LS3020 user now playing with an LS6840PRO (60W) and an LS1290PRO (80W)

Spooky

Postby Spooky » Tue May 24, 2011 9:32 pm

It will send them to any PC Phil :) by email :)

I got bored and had some time on my hands :)

best wishes

Dave
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC
Dave@OpticalPower.co.uk

Wibb

Postby Wibb » Fri May 27, 2011 7:16 pm

sounds like a great idea, count me in bud

Spooky

Postby Spooky » Fri May 27, 2011 7:21 pm

No worries Si :)

I'll give you a copy of the app when your down next :)

Whens your next holiday mate?

D
Dave@OpticalPower.co.uk

gconnor

Postby gconnor » Tue May 31, 2011 12:24 pm

Hi Dave can I have a copy of this, can you send it to my email

(removed to stop spammers)

Cheers

Gary

Spooky

Postby Spooky » Tue May 31, 2011 3:56 pm

I'll add all the email addresses and at the end of the week autosend the tables out :)

Gary, I'll edit your post to remove your email (or you will end up with a load of spam) :)

best wishes

Dave
Dave@OpticalPower.co.uk

PhillyDee

Postby PhillyDee » Tue May 31, 2011 5:35 pm

Well, if everyone else is having it . . . . :)
http://www.tmbelectronics.com - Electronics, tools, hobby tools, power tools, and much more!

An ex LS3020 user now playing with an LS6840PRO (60W) and an LS1290PRO (80W)

The-Engraver

Postby The-Engraver » Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:54 pm

Hi Dave,

Can I have a copy as well please?

How are the plans we discussed coming along? ;)

Thanks in advance

Gary

Spooky

Postby Spooky » Sat Jun 25, 2011 3:55 pm

Hiya Gary,

Brilliant :) I've got to do some photos this evening :) I have a couple of things in mind for you that I think could be productive :)

I really must get back to sorting the Ipad autosend out, it's been hectic as hell this last few weeks..either I'm getting more popular with laser owners or there is one hell of a lot of new laser owners :)

best wishes

Dave
Dave@OpticalPower.co.uk

Return to “Useful Information Quick reference”