4 Inch Focal Length Mirrors

Moderators: HPC, Daven

Spooky

Re: 4 Inch Focal Length Mirrors

Post by Spooky »

Hiya John,

The Stanley one Dave linked to is good(62 DB) or there is a range of SHHH ones (very expensive) that are down at 40DB, I'm running a smaller industrial 13cfm 200 ltr tank model but I live in the middle of nowhere so noise isn't a problem. It's circa 74 DB so not quiet but a LOT quieter than a direct drive (belt drive compressors are always less noisy).

Moisture wise go with a clarke filter / regulator Machinemart.co.uk do them at about 35 quid. Lemme find a link....

back in a bit

best wishes

Dave
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC
Dave@OpticalPower.co.uk
Spooky

Post by Spooky »

http://www.machinemart.co.uk/shop/produ ... -000210810

That one will do it John if you have a regulator already or your compressor has a regulated output. £10 quid and its an auto drain.
Also remember to drain your comp tank each day (or more often for smaller tanks) to get rid of as much water as possible (the water is also oil loaded so won't do your lens any good)

hope that helps

best wishes

Dave
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC
Dave@OpticalPower.co.uk
johnb80

Post by johnb80 »

Do you happen to know if theres an ouput on the 6040 that I can use to switch the air? I want something that is on when I'm cutting, I always use air assist. There is a cable with a two pin socket on the end but no information about what it does. I've also noticed in lasercut software theres a tick box for the air assist suggesting that the controller does have an output.

J
Spooky

Post by Spooky »

Hiya John,

I don't know about the 6040 but the 6840 socket is controlled by the software, when you select only while cut etc the socket goes live when cutting, I have a 240 V solenoid connected inline there to control the air on/off.

I have no idea about the 6040 but it does use the same controller card so will probably have that function onboard.

Failing that I imagine there is a take off point on/card that could be used to activate a solenoid. I have the manufacturers info for the card if thats any use?

best wishes

Dave
Dave@OpticalPower.co.uk
johnb80

Post by johnb80 »

If you could let me have the info that would be most useful.

Many thanks - John
Spooky

Post by Spooky »

You have a PM John :)

cheers

Dave
Dave@OpticalPower.co.uk
johnb80

Post by johnb80 »

Spooky wrote:You have a PM John :)

cheers

Dave
Oh no I haven't #8o(

J
Spooky

Post by Spooky »

you have now :) my bad I hit preview instead of send :)
Dave@OpticalPower.co.uk
Bernie_of_CPE

Post by Bernie_of_CPE »

Hi Guys,

I am quite keen to up the performance and preserve the length of service of my tube. Where do I order the 63.5 mm focal length lens from?
Is it a like for like replacement apart from changing the air cone?

Very keen or the narrower kerf, be handy to increase the accuracy of my industrial model work.
Best regards.

Bernie_of_CPE (Custom Product Engineering)
Daven

Post by Daven »

Have a word with Chris at HPC ;-)

Dave
Using two LS3060's and an ex 3020 user