No water from outlet

Moderators: HPC, Daven

tedwilkinson

No water from outlet

Post by tedwilkinson »

Water pump works but I am not getting water out of the outlet.
What do I check?
If it is blocked how do I check or clear any blockage?

Regards
Spooky

Re: No water from outlet

Post by Spooky »

Hiya Ted,

machine type?

best wishes

Dave
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC
Dave@OpticalPower.co.uk
tedwilkinson

Post by tedwilkinson »

Spooky wrote:Hiya Ted,

machine type?

best wishes

Dave
Hi
Not very good at this!
It is a 1200 X 900 with 100KW tube that I bought of ebay from a guy in Huddersfield a couple of years ago,( just light use) it still works ok but I am worried it will overheat.

Regards Ted
Spooky

Post by Spooky »

Thats a 1290 Ted, there is a flow control sensor that will turn the tube off if it detects a lack of waterflow.It's a 100 watt tube which leads me to believe it's either been uprated or isn't an HPC machine (basic HPC 1290's are 80 watt)

This is a HPC 1290

Firstly is it an HPC / Laserscript machine? This will make a big difference as different suppliers sell various versions of the same machine that all have differing features.Even some of the older HPC machines have differences in them.

Does the tube still power up and cut at all?

Above all don't run it if your have no water flow, the tube can die in seconds without cooling water running through it.

best wishes

Dave
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC
Dave@OpticalPower.co.uk
tedwilkinson

Post by tedwilkinson »

[quote="Spooky"]Thats a 1290 Ted, there is a flow control sensor that will turn the tube off if it detects a lack of waterflow.It's a 100 watt tube which leads me to believe it's either been uprated or isn't an HPC machine (basic HPC 1290's are 80 watt)

This is a HPC 1290

Firstly is it an HPC / Laserscript machine? This will make a big difference as different suppliers sell various versions of the same machine that all have differing features.Even some of the older HPC machines have differences in them.

Does the tube still power up and cut at all?

Above all don't run it if your have no water flow, the tube can die in seconds without cooling water running through it.

best wishes

Hi

It is a Laserscript machine but I can't see any HPC or serial marking.
The machine looks similar to your picture, same colour but cabinet base is same area as top.

I only use it for engraving names on wooden handles and it works fine.

I am now getting a very fine dribble from outlet now but is nowhere as strong as disconnected the inlet flow.
Is it a blockage or is it supposed to be restricted, there does not appear to be any bubbles in the tube but it looks as though there is a small amount of dirt deposit on the bottom of the tube.

regards
Spooky

Post by Spooky »

Makes a bit more sense now :) ok..... the water flow shouldn't be restricted at all other than by differences in the diameters of tubes as water runs through the machine.

What water are you using? (the flow control sensor is brass and can *rock up* in hard water areas)as can any of the other tube areas. It could also be the pump, even though a pump will give great water flow when it has no resistance once you connect a tube to it and it has to do some *work* the pumps output can decrease rapidly.

My first thought is pump fault with a possibility of the tubing being kinked or blocked.

How clean is your cooling water? what size tank are you pumping from? has the water system ever been flushed through?

best wishes

Dave
Dave@OpticalPower.co.uk
tweakie

Post by tweakie »

Ted,

If the laser tube has a small aluminium water jacket attached to the business end, the blockage/restriction is most likely inside there. The ally corrodes and it gets full of oxide - cleaning it out is a very delicate operation.

Tweakie.
plymouth

Post by plymouth »

Hello

responding to an old thread, but we have such a jacket on the end of our laser tube and it indeed is pretty blocked with only a very small amount of water coming through. Are there any tips for cleaning it out? It does not look very easy (if at all) to access this area.

I was wondering, since there is a small throughput, if a 'kettle descaling' process would work but I am a bit nervous about the aluminium..
Daven

Post by Daven »

I have tried various ways in the past (the later tubes are a lot better with brass fittings). Nothing really helped 100% as it seemed to be different to lime scale (as far as I can tell it is possibly aluminium crystals).

I did get one tube working a bit longer by cleaning but it eventually went as the extra heat melted the glue that holds the jacket to the tube.

Best
Dave
Using two LS3060's and an ex 3020 user