Laser & Silverclay

Moderators: HPC, Daven

Pedro_Hernandez

Laser & Silverclay

Post by Pedro_Hernandez »

Just thought I'd give you all an insight on how I use my laser in the manufacture or jewellery.

Its taken me about 3 months to perfect the process, and the main objective was to make the most out of an expensive material with no waste and shorter working time before the clay got to hard to use.

The pictures below are of moulds/stamps for three pair's of cufflinks that I was commisoned to make as an executive gift.

Peter
HPC1290 User HPC 3020 Owner
Daven

Re: Laser & Silverclay

Post by Daven »

Excellent Peter, thanks for sharing.

Dave
Using two LS3060's and an ex 3020 user
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC
PhillyDee

Post by PhillyDee »

Very Nice!

Good ideas there :D
http://www.tmbelectronics.com - Electronics, tools, hobby tools, power tools, and much more!

An ex LS3020 user now playing with an LS6840PRO (60W) and an LS1290PRO (80W)
Spooky

Post by Spooky »

Thats some very nice work Pete :)

best wishes

Dave
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC
Dave@OpticalPower.co.uk
Pedro_Hernandez

Post by Pedro_Hernandez »

Thanks for your comments guy's, I meant to add that you have to make the mould 10-12% larger than the finished size as the Silver Clay reduces in size once kiln fired.

This shrinkage enhances the detail and makes it even more intricate than the lasercut template/mould.

Regards

Peter
HPC1290 User HPC 3020 Owner