silver plate.

Moderators: HPC, Daven

Malj

silver plate.

Post by Malj »

Hi i have a 6840 60w and have been trying to mark/engrave a silver plated box, without much luck! I bought some of the colored tape from HPC and thought that this would work but up to now all i get is the glue from the back of the tape leaving a mark that rubs off? any suggestions have tried different speeds and power settings.

Mal
Currently experimenting with a 6840
Spooky

Re: silver plate.

Post by Spooky »

Can't say it's something I've ever used Mal, Gary (The-Engraver) is likely the man to have some ideas.
My limited understanding is that it is a tape based form of the Thermark / Ceremark products so application should be somewhere in that ballpark.

best wishes

Dave
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC
Dave@OpticalPower.co.uk
PhillyDee

Post by PhillyDee »

Is the tape not just for cutting through to leave the shape stuck on?
http://www.tmbelectronics.com - Electronics, tools, hobby tools, power tools, and much more!

An ex LS3020 user now playing with an LS6840PRO (60W) and an LS1290PRO (80W)
Spooky

Post by Spooky »

If its what I think it is Phil,its like thermal transfer tape, stick it on,laser and peel off..

I'll have to ask Chris though as Ive never had anything to do with it

best wishes

Dave
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC
Dave@OpticalPower.co.uk
Malj

Post by Malj »

Cheers guys, Spooky if you find anything out from Chris i would be obliged. Likewise if i master it ill let you know,

Mal
Currently experimenting with a 6840