Flash from Bolton signing in....

Moderators: HPC, Daven

Flash

Flash from Bolton signing in....

Post by Flash »

Hello Everyone
I will be purchasing my LS3040 pro very soon and thought i'd drop a post in to break the ice,
I'm brand new to laser engraving and look at it from 2 angles - hobby and part time job, I have read with great interest many posts on this forum and although the wealth of information is staggering, it has also served to overwhelm me a little with me thinking am I in over my head here?..
I will however press on because the grin I get and the excitement I feel when I look at pictures of what I can one day achieve is all the motivation I need, I just can't wait to start playing!

I'll try and hold off the obvious dumb questions for now until I get my engraver but please, ANY advice is more than welcomed.
Just one thing for now, can anyone post me any pictures of the back of an LS3040 pro or give me any information on extraction orientation, duct size etc, I am currently setting up were the engraver will be and need to gauge on were my 'hole in the wall' for the extraction will go as I would preferably like all this set up before I get it home so I can jump right in!.

Also, would anyone recommend any courses/training material that would make my life easier?

I have absolutely no doubt I will be posting again
Thanks
John :?
LS3040 Pro, Lasercut 5.3
PhillyDee

Re: Flash from Bolton signing in....

Post by PhillyDee »

You will need a 100mm vent. Simple as that really! You might want to go for a 150mm in case you decide to upgrade, its easier to do now, and stick a reducer on it than to open it up to a larger hole.

Theres nothing like the first time, when you shout

FIRE THE LASER!!!!

And then press go . . . .
http://www.tmbelectronics.com - Electronics, tools, hobby tools, power tools, and much more!

An ex LS3020 user now playing with an LS6840PRO (60W) and an LS1290PRO (80W)
Flash

Re: Flash from Bolton signing in....

Post by Flash »

Can't wait to press that button!! Thanks for the info, now I just need some more info on where the extraction comes out of the laser if anyone knows??

Thanks
LS3040 Pro, Lasercut 5.3