text in Autocad

Moderators: HPC, Daven

Mike

text in Autocad

Post by Mike »

Ok More issues I need to get my head around.

Most of the jobs I am doing involve allot of text, and most designs I recieve are in autoCAD. Now when I open the DXF file in laser cut or Coral Draw the text postions sometimes move and the spacing between the text increases.

so when the text is nicely fitted into a box in autoCAD as soon as it goes into the other program it goes over the edges and needs completly re-worked.

Any ideas what can be done in AUTOCAD to sort this out.

Thanks

Mike
Spooky

Re: text in Autocad

Post by Spooky »

Depends on the type of text your using?

Justification can be lost between autocad and lasercut also line types are not preserved also you need to save in Acad2000 DXF format, sadly anything created with a later version than 2000 that is non speciffic will get mixed up when reverse compatible saves are done.

Another issue can be font types and settings between TTF and SHX,the font your using maybe installed in autocad but not lasercut or windows.AutoCAD does use some dedicated fonts so thats another area worth checking.

Font size can cause problems, Autocad will allow fonts to be say 1.2349mm whereas Lasercut will just jump to the nearest available size so making lines over-run.

If you can post a dwg or dxf of what your trying to do I'll see if I can help.

best wishes

Dave
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC
Dave@OpticalPower.co.uk