LS3020 is not cutting properly.

Moderators: HPC, Daven

miniaturemaniac

Re: LS3020 is not cutting properly.

Post by miniaturemaniac »

First thing tomorrow will take a trip to Halfords and get some Deionised water and then flush system and fit in new tube (thank goodness I have the replacement).

Thank you once again for all your help.
miniaturemaniac

Post by miniaturemaniac »

Back in business!

And oh WOW what a difference. She cuts like a dream and although I have only done one test on a very delicate piece it was in the top l/h corner and bottom r/h corner and there was no difference a clean even cut in both places.

I couldn't have done it without my hubby though - it certainly wasn't a walk in the park. For starters the replacement tube had to be soldered in place (I do soldering for dollhouse electrics but was terrified to do it for this). Then mirror alignment that is dead tricky - and takes for ever, but got there in the end.

It would be great for users like me, that are not in UK mainland to have some more detailed instruction on how to do these tasks - OK for those that have like minded mates close by or can get HPC to do it for you. If it wasn't for this forum I would have been totally lost. So to each and everyone of you that post responses back to different problems I say THANK YOU. But for people like me, who know how to use it but have no idea of setting certain things on it and HAVE to do it for themselves - it would be so useful if some kind person, if they had the time, to post step by step instructions (with pictures/video)on what to do, like alignment of the mirrors - it ain't easy!

Now my next problem is how to get a replacement tube here - tricky one! Any ideas anyone?

Sue
Daven

Post by Daven »

Hi Sue,

Glad you're up and running again.

Can't help with getting a tube to you though, can't believe we have a tunnel to France but not Ireland :lol:

Best

Dave
Using two LS3060's and an ex 3020 user
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC