How to add CNC Router Rotational Axis

Moderators: HPC, Daven

Locke

How to add CNC Router Rotational Axis

Post by Locke »

Hi all,

I have a LS 6840, with the 60 watt laser option and I was wondering about adding a Router Rotational Axis.

Is there a kit? Can I buy a 3rd party kit and some how integrate it? Like the one in the link below.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CNC-Router-Rota ... 4ac5e4dbbf

I saw a video of a machine of the same model as mine etching glass bottles. I just wanted look into the possibility of doing at our school.
PhillyDee

Re: How to add CNC Router Rotational Axis

Post by PhillyDee »

Certainly possible. My 4th axis for my LS6840PRO is the chuck type.

You do need to unscrew the Y axis and connect the B axis to the Y card inside the machine. You also need to change the parameters in the software to reflect the new axis. However, this is not something you do lightly. My B axis was designed as such, and is plug and play.

To make your own, you would need to know the correct wiring for the plug (assuming it uses a plug, if not you would need a method to attach it) that goes to the stepper motor, the parameters required, and not be afraid if something blows up.

Spooky might be along shortly to explain that it might not be such a good idea to do so in a school environment.

Either way, try giving Chris at HPC a ring, he may be able to help (If not, he can definitely sell you one!)
http://www.tmbelectronics.com - Electronics, tools, hobby tools, power tools, and much more!

An ex LS3020 user now playing with an LS6840PRO (60W) and an LS1290PRO (80W)
Locke

Post by Locke »

Thanks Phill,

Ideally, I could just buy a kit made for my laser, thats fairly plug and play. I will not be attempting anything to out there.

Best,
Brian
Last edited by Locke on Thu Dec 19, 2013 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PhillyDee

Post by PhillyDee »

Yup, Chris at HPC Laser sells them. Just give him a call.

I have the chuck type which is how you describe, there is also a roller type which may be better for you.
http://www.tmbelectronics.com - Electronics, tools, hobby tools, power tools, and much more!

An ex LS3020 user now playing with an LS6840PRO (60W) and an LS1290PRO (80W)
Locke

Post by Locke »

Does Chris have an email that some one could PM me? I'm going to need to do some research before I get on the phone.
And I live in Tanzania so calling the UK would not be my first choice of how to communicate.
Spooky

Post by Spooky »

Contact.html

Have a word with Chris, as Phil said there may be considerations for a school environment. I have a rotary but rarely if ever use it :(

cheers

Dave
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC
Dave@OpticalPower.co.uk