Replacing Laser Tube

Moderators: HPC, Daven

Adam

Replacing Laser Tube

Post by Adam »

Hi, our laser's tube is getting to the point where it needs replacing. This is the first time i've had to do it so i'm looking for any advice or pointers that you guys could give me. Our machine is a LS6090.

Thank you.

Adam
Spooky

Re: Replacing Laser Tube

Post by Spooky »

How comfortable are you when working with extreme voltages Adam? I have to ask as without knowing your skill level it's a hard question to answer.

cheers

Dave
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC
Dave@OpticalPower.co.uk
Adam

Post by Adam »

Not overly comfortable to be honest. I was assuming that the machine would be off for this. Would you advise getting someone qualified to do it?
Spooky

Post by Spooky »

To be honest my friend yes, the power is indeed off but the system can retain quite a charge (not dangerous per-se but bloody annoying) as well as even slight movements making a big difference to tube alignment.

After a while tube swaps / alignments and all that kind of thing come as second nature but a couple of hours with Chris or one of the guys on the first one is a great way to get in to doing it yourself.

cheers

Dave
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC
Dave@OpticalPower.co.uk