64bit drivers

Moderators: HPC, Daven

Bill

64bit drivers

Post by Bill »

Hi I bought a LS 3020 five years ago from HPC but due to a bearvment a few weeks latter it has not been used since
The problem I have is all my comps are 64bit, two laptops win7, win8 and two pc xp, win7
So does anyone know where I can get drivers that will work
Can install Newlydraw 1.5 on all of them when I plug the laser in it asks for the drivers but when I try to do a cut or engrave it doesn't seem to talk to the machine and the the program will lock up and if I try to shut it down it will ask if I want to stop the engraving so any help would be appreciated.
Cheers
Ps is there a better software on the market not to expensive and not to complicated for a tired old 70 year old (LOL)
Daven

Re: 64bit drivers

Post by Daven »

There are no 64bit drivers for the 3020. I found you can run it on win7 32bit but could not get the info required to write a sys file for the 64bit systems. It is not Newlydraw but the USB interface card that is the problem.

No way around it as far as I know other than installing the 32 bit version on one of the pc's.

Best
Dave
Using two LS3060's and an ex 3020 user
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC
Bill

Post by Bill »

Good news
I got it working I had selected the wrong machine
Just done a couple of cuts ok so now need to work out the engraving side of newlydraw
Is there any better software that will run with this machine?

Thanks for your help
Daven

Post by Daven »

Bill wrote: Is there any better software that will run with this machine?

Thanks for your help
No not without striping out the boards and putting LaserCut controller in which case t would be easier to sell it and buy a new version from HPC ;)
Using two LS3060's and an ex 3020 user
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC
Chris

Post by Chris »

I had some success with 64 bit windows 7 by using win xp compatability mode. I still use a dedicated laptop running XP on it however.
Bill

Post by Bill »

Just an update
After I got it working ok I decided to tidy the usb cable and pluged it into a usb pci card in the back of the pc. It worked ok but every time it finished a job it rebooted the pc so cured that by moving the usb plug into another socket not on the pci board.
What should the laser hight guide be 58mm or 62mm the one that the chap cut for me when I collected the machine is 58 but the manual says 62?
Cheers
TimBobTastic

Post by TimBobTastic »

From what I know, I think height is very much dependant upon the machine. The height will depend on a number of factors such as the lens, the tolerances of the components it sits in, where the measurement is taken from.. etc. etc.

A ramp test will give you a much better indication of the required height for your machine.... but it will probably be around the 62mm you specify.
LS3060 PLUS with a 60w tube, Chiller and Bofa filter :-)
Online Store http://www.t2kreations.co.uk
Personal Website... http://www.timbobtastic.com