laser not firing straight away

Moderators: HPC, Daven

llamalasers

laser not firing straight away

Post by llamalasers »

Only started today but when I load a job to the machine, it starts moving then a second later starts cutting so missing the first little bit of a line every time.

Any clues?
60W LS6840 & CW4000
started out with LS3040
Lightnin

Re: laser not firing straight away

Post by Lightnin »

what power settings ?
if it's too low, it might not be triggering the laser properly .. that's all I can think of

obviously I assume you have checked all the connections and wires are tight, as it's a new machine install ?
llamalasers

Post by llamalasers »

p:80

It's strange because if I attempt to redo the bit that's missing then it works okay.

Bit of a temperamental issue.
60W LS6840 & CW4000
started out with LS3040
Daven

Post by Daven »

Delay in the door switch maybe. Does it happen every time on the same plan or just on first start up?

Click the .... box next to overlap and make sure the delays are set to 0 (not sure if it will cure it as not played with the settings).
Using two LS3060's and an ex 3020 user
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC
llamalasers

Post by llamalasers »

First thing I checked was the delay options, it's too inconsistent to be that.

I reckon you might be onto something with the door, that would make sense.
60W LS6840 & CW4000
started out with LS3040
Spooky

Post by Spooky »

Iffy door switch...if the lid gets banged down by accident it can displace the switch leaving just on the make or break point.
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC
Dave@OpticalPower.co.uk
llamalasers

Post by llamalasers »

I reckon it's more to do with the pneumatics on the door being so good :D

It is pretty much 100% due to the door not being fully closed, just have to remember to push it right down each time.

Thanks for the brainstorms as usual :idea:
60W LS6840 & CW4000
started out with LS3040
llamalasers

Post by llamalasers »

Update to this.. I've still been getting the occasional gaps in my cuts which has been causing annoyance, the gaps were very strange, like the laser wasn't cutting at all (usually if there's dirt causing it, then the cut is just weakened not stopped completely) so I decided I'd test the door theory as it made the most sense.

Disconnected the right hand side pneumatic thingy and now the door shuts better and overall opening and closing the door feels nicer.

Also no more gaps.

I can only assume that the rapid movement of the laser at times was causing the door to lift so slightly that the safety switch would disengage until gravity took hold again, the high pressure of the pneumatics helped the door lift.
60W LS6840 & CW4000
started out with LS3040