Drain while away?

Moderators: HPC, Daven

Daven

Re: Drain while away?

Post by Daven »

Won't hurt if you put the pump on a timer to come on for a couple of hours a day - may stop the water getting stale I guess. I did drain the tubes when we moved down here from London and when I re-filled I noticed dry scum in the tube even though the water was quite clean!

Always check for bubbles anyway - they can appear under any circumstance (although I have my pumps about the same level as the tube as this seems to help!)

Cheers
Dave
Using two LS3060's and an ex 3020 user
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC
llamalasers

Post by llamalasers »

Chiller goes on and off with the machine, hope that isn't an issue. Wouldn't want to leave it all running 24/7 no way.

Hasn't properly frozen here in Wiltshire for years despite what the Express seems to warn annually :lol:
60W LS6840 & CW4000
started out with LS3040
Lightnin

Post by Lightnin »

Mine's on and off with the machine too.
I check for bubbles and don't have a problem.
Some do, so for them it's better to leave it running.
Some like to be lifted slightly on the left

You need to get intimate with your machine/set up ! ooh eer ! lol .. get to know how it likes to be treated :-)
Spooky

Post by Spooky »

llamalasers wrote:Chiller goes on and off with the machine, hope that isn't an issue. Wouldn't want to leave it all running 24/7 no way.

Hasn't properly frozen here in Wiltshire for years despite what the Express seems to warn annually :lol:
The start stop cycle on the chiller is the time most likely to cause bubbles due to micro cavitation of the impeller,, that's the main reason mine all stay on.
I don't use the plug box on the back of the machine, everything is wired direct to the mains ring sockets
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC
Dave@OpticalPower.co.uk
ednotdave

Post by ednotdave »

Cheers all.
Newbie attempting to use a LS3060 60W + CW4000 + Lasercut 5.3 :shock:
llamalasers

Post by llamalasers »

Spooky wrote:
llamalasers wrote:Chiller goes on and off with the machine, hope that isn't an issue. Wouldn't want to leave it all running 24/7 no way.

The start stop cycle on the chiller is the time most likely to cause bubbles due to micro cavitation of the impeller,, that's the main reason mine all stay on.
I don't use the plug box on the back of the machine, everything is wired direct to the mains ring sockets

It's a good call, I'm going to have a good look and make sure mines not going to be trouble.
60W LS6840 & CW4000
started out with LS3040
llamalasers

Post by llamalasers »

Looks like I posted too soon.

Frozen as hell (when it freezes over) here this morning, was I prepared, was I shmuck!

Firstly got an E05 which I understand is blockage, obviously ice.

So I left it running for a while then restarted and it seemed clear but now getting an E02 which I have no idea what is?

Is there any chance I'll be able to have the machine cutting today?

(decided I'll have to bypass the chiller and use the aquarium pump that came with the machine for now)
60W LS6840 & CW4000
started out with LS3040
Tom

Post by Tom »

E02 is high and low temp above 25 and below 5c the alarm will sound

Tom
llamalasers

Post by llamalasers »

Ah, thanks Tom you're a star, it was reading 3.1 and now reading 5.1 so we should be good to go.

I'll leave it running for another 20 mins before cutting and am gonna leave the chiller running 24/7 now in the hope the waterflow will put off freezing until I can get some antifreeze.
60W LS6840 & CW4000
started out with LS3040
llamalasers

Post by llamalasers »

So spent almost £60 on HPC's special formula antifreeze yesterday, to be delivered today.

Sods law, it's mild this morning, probably wont see a frost again this year :D

Leaving the chiller running made sense so I'm doing that from now on at least.
60W LS6840 & CW4000
started out with LS3040