Couple of questions to all LS3020 users

Moderators: HPC, Daven

Dynamode

Re: Couple of questions to all LS3020 users

Post by Dynamode »

Hello,

I purchased a new LS3020 from HPC Laser. It's very good bit of Kit. I never had any problems with any of the Perspex, Ply, MDF, that I cut in the two years I used it. When you first get one, you will get the normal things, like setting it up for each project and getting the heat settings right, but after a while it all falls into place. I recommend a test cut before you start your project, that way you won't waste your time cutting to find it's wrong at the end.

But the biggest thing of all was the Cooling, I had the recommended size tank with distilled water in, but my setup was in the house, in my spare room, so when the heating was on, the water temp was warm, so when you started cutting, it did not take long for the temp to rise. It got very close to shut off temp.. If you do use a water tank, get a tank thermometer to keep a check on the temp.

I then got a Chiller, which I should have got in the first place, it was like a different machine altogether. Get one with a Fridge unit in, not like the CW3000. There not man enough if you are cutting for a long time, the temp starts to rise, I used one and changed to the CW5200. It's Brilliant, it hardly moves.

I have since sold my LS3020 and gone for a 1290, I'm still using the same Chiller with no issues what so ever. There an extra cost, but worth every penny.

You need to speak to Chris, he knows them inside out, and will point you in the right direction. Or keep an eye out for Dave on here, if he has not already given you advice, then look him up, he's the best thing since Sliced Bread.

I hope this helps. Dynamode
sam

Post by sam »

Hi,

Does anyone have experience with cutting FOAMEX on the LS3020 / LSCT models. Does it work well?

cheers

Sam
Daven

Post by Daven »

I think it is PVC- don't cut it - PVC is not good and can be harmful if not fatal if inhaled.

Best
Dave
Using two LS3060's and an ex 3020 user
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC
sam

Post by sam »

Daven wrote:I think it is PVC- don't cut it - PVC is not good and can be harmful if not fatal if inhaled.

Best
Dave
Hi Dave,

Good point, will make a note to steer clear.

cheers

Sam
sam

Post by sam »

Hi,

The Lasercut software which comes with the LS3020 LSCT. I assume this can this be installed onto a pc via the cd?

cheers

Sam
Daven

Post by Daven »

Hi Sam - yes ;)

Best
Dave
Using two LS3060's and an ex 3020 user
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC
sam

Post by sam »

Daven wrote:Hi Sam - yes ;)

Best
Dave

Cheers Dave.

Sam.