Help Required please - Desperate here :(

Moderators: HPC, Daven

KyC

Help Required please - Desperate here :(

Post by KyC »

I have spend the last 3 hours, getting the alignment on the laser sorted, finally managed to get it spot on! (I previously raised a thread about struggling)

I had to loosen the tube and the back and slip a tiny piece of leather underneath to get it in the mid position of the first mirror, which it now is, and from there the alignment was fiddly but ok .. like I said its now spot on (or as close as possible)

However, after all of that the laser seems to have lost power I normall cut through 3mmm MDF with speed 12 / power 98, however now it just engraves and does not come close to cutting :(

I have cleaned all the mirrors and have absolutely no clue what the issue is

Like I say it operates fine, is perfectly aligned but drastic downgrade in power ..:(

I just removed the piece of leather to see if it was impacting anything but still no joy!

Appreciate any advice, Im quite despondent here!
Daven

Re: Help Required please - Desperate here :(

Post by Daven »

Check you have not disturbed the wire on the tube - can you hear/see any arching ? If you changed the power setting on the panel, did you set it back?

Best
Dave
Using two LS3060's and an ex 3020 user
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC
KyC

Post by KyC »

Thanks Dave - Wire is still fine just checked / power 100% on the panel

I seems to now burn a ring on the masking tape as appose to a pinpoint - so bizarre

im at a loss here
Daven

Post by Daven »

which mirror does it burn a ring (that is ok before the lens by the way ;) )

Have you checked the beam is coming out the nozzle centrally?

Best
Dave
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC
KyC

Post by KyC »

Thanks Dave (again)

It seems to be on both.I must have messed something up.

I'll call HPC in the morning and schedule a time I can take it up for a service / checkover.

Thanks for all you effort though. Its truly been appreciated
KyC

Post by KyC »

Service booked in -- Popping up next Monday
Daven

Post by Daven »

Good idea ;)

Best
Dave
KyC

Post by KyC »

So I was at HPC first thing Monday and was blown away .. totally.

Firstly my laser - Chris personally looked at it and spotted the error straight away - I had been cleaning my mirrors religiously but gently - So over time a slight "stain" has developed - Chris explained the mirrors needed to be absolutely prestine, and as such set about to clean them. It was incredibly helpful to watch as he did so, and then aligned the laser (in 5mins flat!!! Well impressed, I was!) After than I asked him a bunch of questions and he patiently helped me through it all. And refused any form of payment, even when I at least wanted to buy them a drink! From start to finish I experienced excellent, old school customer service. Top marks to Chris, and many thanks!

Secondly the array of lasers - OMG my little 40w tube looked a tad de-masculated next to the 250W and 500W tubes. And my A4 table a touch small next to the ft x ft laser beds. Im sorry, but its true ... size does matter! :)

I very definitely will not look further than HPC in the future when I decide to upgrade!
Daven

Post by Daven »

Good news - so did you leave the leather in to tilt the tube or was that a red herring?

I clean my mirrors with Isopropyl alcohol without taking them out the holders (I used to take them out but found it can take the alignment out). I wear glasses so the cloths the opticians give you work great.

Oh and it's not completely true about size - you may cut deeper with a bigger tube but the maintenance is higher :D

Best
Dave
KyC

Post by KyC »

lol... yeah I had remove the piece of leather as showed me that the alignment could be perfect, without tilting the tube.

I still, quite honestly, dont know how he aligned so quickly -- I felt like I was watching a magician, and trying to spot the trick, but no joy :)