LSC3020 Tube failing?

Moderators: HPC, Daven

dreamcatcher

LSC3020 Tube failing?

Post by dreamcatcher »

Hi
Please can anyone advise? We've had our 3020 since February and are starting to get the hang of it at last. :)
Recently though the engraving especially on wood does not seems as good as previously. It is a bit fainter and not as deep. I've tried making the scan gap smaller and it's a bit better but still not quite like it was. The acrylic engraving is ok though. Could it be a sign that the tube is starting to fail? I don't know what to look for as a sign that we may need a new tube. Does the quality of engraving and cutting deteriorate or does it just pack up altogether?

If we need a new tube where can we get one from please. I don't think HPC deliver and we are a very long way from Halifax. Would a 40W chinese laser tube from Ebay fit do you think?
Thank you very much for any ideas.
Daven

Re: LSC3020 Tube failing?

Post by Daven »

I would be surprised, have you cleaned all the optics including the one in the end of the tube (be very careful cleaning this as if you scratch it there is no way to replace) ?

A tube does degrade a bit after a while but then stabilizes for most of it's life and then starts to degrade quite quick. You will notice the need for more power on all materials, cutting and engraving.

Ply can change from sheet to sheet - could it be a different batch that is causing the issue? Does it cut using the same power as before>

Best
Dave
Using two LS3060's and an ex 3020 user
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC
dreamcatcher

Post by dreamcatcher »

Thanks very much for your help. I'm using 4 mm Oak veneer. You could well be right about the wood as it doesn't look as good as my last batch. The optics have all been cleaned but will check them again.
It's quite a relief that we may be ok with the tube for a bit longer. :D

Thanks again
Daven

Post by Daven »

No problems - Oak can be difficult ;)

Best
Dave
Using two LS3060's and an ex 3020 user
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC