SPEED/POWER RATIO

Moderators: HPC, Daven

Rick

SPEED/POWER RATIO

Post by Rick »

I am wondering if there is a straight line formula that states when cutting any substrate at say 22 speed and 27/27 power than if the speed is increased by x, then the power needs to be increased by y?
ie if I increase the speed by a factor of 2 then I must always increase the power by y for the same result?

Also, when cutting 3mm Perspex on my 3020 I get occasional flares in the cut which isn't a problem until I start using liquid weld to join the pieces and then the weld will run down these flares and mark the surrounding surfaces. Any ideas anyone please?

Cheers, Richard
Daven

Re: SPEED/POWER RATIO

Post by Daven »

Not that I know of ;)

The formula would have to account for too many variables AFAIK so would not be very accurate. Each type of material will have it's own variations such as thickness, density, knots or inclusions (in ply) so it would be more a rule of thumb which you could probably find out quicker than trying to sort a formula out ;)

The flares are possibly reflections off the bed - try and raise the material a bit more off the bed.

Best
Dave
Using two LS3060's and an ex 3020 user
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC
Rick

Re: SPEED/POWER RATIO

Post by Rick »

Thank you for that. I hadn't thought of raising the Perspex off the bed - I will try placing some spacers at each end of the workpiece and try that.
Best regards, Richard