Z bed jammed and red pointer cutting out

Moderators: HPC, Daven

Scriggles

Z bed jammed and red pointer cutting out

Post by Scriggles »

Hi

I'm not having the best of luck with my LS3040 :(

I've contacted HPC and an engineer is due to call me tomorrow but I'm impatient as want to get lasering, so hope you can help.

1. The z-bed is jammed! Originally, it looked like the tiny screws on the internal shafts were not tight enough. Tightening them up seemed to periodically fix the problem but now the bed is not moving at all. I used to be able to manually turn the second shaft (running vertically) and the bed would move, but now nothing. The belt doesn't move at all, which means no lasering anything as the height is not correct :(

2. The red guide beam works on the right hand side of the bed but when the head moves across the centre, it cuts out. I’ve been told it could be a loose wire but can’t find the problem.

Any advise would be appreciated.

Thank you.
Kim
Daven

Re: Z bed jammed and red pointer cutting out

Post by Daven »

Hi Kim,
Hard to say about the Z axis without seeing it - does it make any sounds? You could use scraps to make a temp bed to make it higher to get you going!

The red light cutting out sounds like a loose wire but it can be anywhere in the caterpillar trunking - all you can do is move the head to where the light stops working and wiggle the connector to see if it is that.

Cheers
Dave
Using two LS3060's and an ex 3020 user
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC
Scriggles

Re: Z bed jammed and red pointer cutting out

Post by Scriggles »

Great advice. Thank you. I’ll try that.
The bed doesn’t make a sound at all just not moving.