HPC 3050 won't start engraving process

Moderators: HPC, Daven

insamoufonyx

HPC 3050 won't start engraving process

Post by insamoufonyx »

Hi Guys,

This is my first post here having purchased a used 3050 last week.

I firstly had issues with the .DLL and firmware not aligning but with some googling I have resolved this.

My new problem is, I can open, or create a file in Lasercut 5.3 and download it to the machine no problem, however, when I then press start on the machine I just get a long loud beep and nothing else happens.

Manually I can operate the X & Y axis and fire the laser from either the machine or my computer.

Im hoping I'm just missing a trick?

Cheers,

Rob.
insamoufonyx

Re: HPC 3050 won't start engraving process

Post by insamoufonyx »

Update -

I downloaded a test .mol file and loaded it straight onto the laser cutter via USB stick, this ran no problem at all.

I then tried importing various .DXF files and either downloading to the machine via Lasercut5.3 or exporting them to a memory stick and loading them onto the machine, neither of these options worked. so it seams to be files coming from my installation of Lasercut5.3?
Daven

Post by Daven »

It may be a config file issue - did you get the HPC laser install disk?

If so if you select Download CNG from the download window, see if that helps.

Best
Dave
Using two LS3060's and an ex 3020 user
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC
insamoufonyx

Post by insamoufonyx »

All sorted,

thanks for the reply Dave.

all sorted, turned out to be to do with the laser origin needing setting correctly on the file and laser.

Cheers

Rob.