Newly Draw misbehaving

Moderators: HPC, Daven

gavspav

Newly Draw misbehaving

Post by gavspav »

I'm still trying to keep my old HX3040 with NewlyDraw 1.5 alive!
It's started doing this thing where sometimes when I start a new cutting job it will cut the last job.
It's like the job gets stuck in memory somewhere and the new one doesn't load.

I'm just wondering if this is a pc/software/driver/irq issue or an issue with the controller board.
Surely the board doesn't store a job - even when the power is turned off and on again - or does it?

Does seem to be a hardware issue as well though as I am getting frequent logic port data send error messages - although the pc still knows the laser is connected so I don't think it as 'simple' as the USB port being borked.

If anyone has any insight I'd be very grateful. I realise this is an old machine - just not sure where else to turn!
Daven

Re: Newly Draw misbehaving

Post by Daven »

I think my old LS 3020 used to keep the last job in memory - long time ago so I may be wrong but it would make sense - if the new job is not overwriting the old - may be worth sending a blank or very simple job and see if that helps in case it is a memory issue?

Best
Dave
Using two LS3060's and an ex 3020 user
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC
gavspav

Post by gavspav »

I don't think newlydraw will let me send a blank file but I have tried sending tiny circles and stuff!
Sometimes it will take the new job and sometimes it won't. I've been changing settings and then changing them back trying to find a method.
Even turning the machine off and on doesn't always seem to work.
I need to try and find another pc to test it with. It's really annoying - could be the end for the laser.
Or the beginning of me trying to replace the board!
Daven

Post by Daven »

Have a word with HPC - they may still have the boards ;)

Best
Dave
Using two LS3060's and an ex 3020 user
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC