Transferring files?

Moderators: HPC, Daven

LaserworksUK

Transferring files?

Post by LaserworksUK »

Hi
Can you transfer files to the machine via a usb dongle or do you have to have a pc connected to upload to the laser
Daven

Re: Transferring files?

Post by Daven »

Yes - from download, select download file and save to usb memory stick. To load just plug into machine slot on side and it will automatically look for and download the file.

Best
Dave
Using two LS3060's and an ex 3020 user
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC
johnbirch72

Post by johnbirch72 »

Hi - I am new to the forum. I acquired a HPC6840 about 9 months ago from a friend and have been using it successfully and frequently until last week. I use Laserscript 5.3 software. I use an old Windows laptop to communicate with the laser cutter.

My usual routine to download files is to import a drawing in DXF format and set the cutting parameters. I then click on Download and in the download dialog box I click "Export file" and save the drawing as a .MOL file on the USB stick I usually use to transfer drawing from my desktop PC

I then click on "Download file" to send it to the cutter. On doing this last week i got the message

"The flash disk memory is full. please remove files from the flash disk memory and retry"

That's not unusual so I deleted a couple of files but when I tried to download again I still got the same message. Removing several more files made no difference. There is obviously communication between the PC and the cutter. If I look at the stored files in the cutter after doing a delete, it no longer appears to be stored in the cutter.

One curious feature is that I can download a very small (2Kb) file successfully, but I can't even download a 4Kb file.

I have tried the advice in the previous post in this thread and plugged the USB stick into the cutter's port but got the same message.

I have of course tried restarting Laserscript and rebooting the PC.

Any suggestions?

John
Daven

Post by Daven »

Delete all files - there is not a lot of memory so if a new file is large it can take it over the top!
I do not store files on the laser, just the PC so got into the habit of clicking delete all.

There is a bug in 5.3 that can also cut a previous version of a file that has been changed unless you change something like a layer so I suspect some data is left behind somewhere!

Best
Dave
Using two LS3060's and an ex 3020 user
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC
johnbirch72

Post by johnbirch72 »

Thanks Dave

That worked

John