wrong pattern being printed on ls3040

Moderators: HPC, Daven

MarkRobb

wrong pattern being printed on ls3040

Post by MarkRobb »

PROBLEM SOLVED, NOT SURE HOW TO DELETE THREAD

Hi, pulling my hair out today (what little's left). I use my machine mainly to cut sets of dominoes on 5mm acrylic. I have a full set pattern (4 x 7 dominoes) and to use the acrylic more efficiantly a top-set and a bottom-set. These are the top two rows of a domino pattern and the bottom two rows. Today, although I have used all the patterns in the past the top set pattern keeps trying to cut and engrave a full set. When I align the acrylic on the bed and press the test button it outlines a correct shape for two rows of dominoes. When I press start the laser positions itself further down the bed and commences to try and cut a full set.
I have deleted all previous patterns on the machine incase their was a name over lap then downloaded just the pattern for top set. This did not work, again on test it looked like it was going to cut correctly but then continued to try to cut a full set.
I have renamed the txt file generated each time you download then downloaded again after clearing all previous patterns. Once again the laser decided that this was a full set!
Any tips anyone, something stuck in that memory that just wont shift or some weird anomoly in the pattern. Very frustrating
Last edited by MarkRobb on Mon Apr 06, 2020 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Daven

Re: wrong pattern being printed on ls3040

Post by Daven »

I have seen this before but I can't remember the issue.

All I can suggest is to set up a new file called something completely different with no strange characters (non ASCII can upset it) in a new folder import the DXF and try that. If even load from USB.

if that does not work you may need to reload the cnfg file from the install disk but worth calling HPC before you do ;)
Best
Dave
Using two LS3060's and an ex 3020 user
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC
MarkRobb

Post by MarkRobb »

Hi thanks for your rapid reply. I have got round it by starting again with the full pattern and then deleting bottom two rows and saving again as T-SET. This has now started printing correctly (phew), annoying cos it wastes material. I have had memory buffer probs before, infrequent the machine is great for the money just an annoying little niggle
Daven

Post by Daven »

It is annoying but glad you found a way ;)

Best
Dave
Using two LS3060's and an ex 3020 user
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC