Last minute nerves

Moderators: HPC, Daven

TimBobTastic

Last minute nerves

Post by TimBobTastic »

Well everything is in place and I am ready to order my LS3060 Plus, upgraded to a 60w tube including cooler, delivery, installation, training and a few spares, but I am a little nervous of parting with the full invoice 3 days before dispatch. Granted HPC are a LTD company, so that makes me feel a little happier, but I would like to know what other peoples experiences have been before I make the final jump.... its a sizeable chunk of cash, and handing to people I don't know makes me a little jumpy... :?
LS3060 PLUS with a 60w tube, Chiller and Bofa filter :-)
Online Store http://www.t2kreations.co.uk
Personal Website... http://www.timbobtastic.com
Daven

Re: Last minute nerves

Post by Daven »

HPC won't let you down - the guys I have dealt with are great - Chris Jacobs, is very helpful and a nice guy. If it helps check their facebook page where you can see their stands at various shows.

I do not get any special treatment or am paid by anyone to spend time here - I was once a mod but had to give up due to family commitments a couple of years back. I can assure you I would not still be about if I felt HPC were anything but trustworthy.

Best
Dave
Using two LS3060's and an ex 3020 user
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC
Spooky

Post by Spooky »

I've been in this industry for a lot of years, of ALL the companies I have dealt with HPC is the most trustworthy and Chris Jacobs (The MD) id a fantastic guy I would trust with my life.

Middle of this month I'll be handing over the cost of the most expensive laser HPC sell and I'll be doing so without giving it a second thought :)
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC
Dave@OpticalPower.co.uk
Spooky

Post by Spooky »

I do not get any special treatment or am paid by anyone to spend time here - I was once a mod but had to give up due to family commitments a couple of years back. I can assure you I would not still be about if I felt HPC were anything but trustworthy.
Same with me, Also was a mod and had to give it up for the same reasons.
Dave@OpticalPower.co.uk
kelly

Post by kelly »

Hi Tim,

I can understand your nerves as that will be me soon!
But from all I've read they are very good.
Can I ask how are you getting on with the software ? As a total newbie I'm a little nervous at getting to grips with it all, so thought I'd ask how your finding it, also what software are you using?

Thanks Kelly
TimBobTastic

Post by TimBobTastic »

Thanks Everyone, I am feeling a lot less nervouse now.....
kelly wrote: what software are you using?
I am currently using a few pieces of software for design.... But Inkscape and draftsight are my tools of choice at the moment. I am also using gimp for converting images to black and white. All of these are free and available on both PC and Mac. For more complex items (I am designing some clocks and have also designed some fully parametric boxes with living hinge style corners so the outer shell wraps the top and bottom profiles) I use 3D CAD software called SolidWorks, I am lucky enough to have access to this through my full time job

inkscape is an awesome piece of software, very powerful, and once you get used to its quirks it's really easy to use, there is a keyboard shortcut for just about everything. From what little I know Setting up and using layers Appears to be the key to easy transition from Inkscape to draftsight and hopefully to machine... But the final part is only theoretical for me at the moment and I am making some huge assumptions (friendly forum users have given me some tips though)

As I run a Mac I am going to have to purchase another laptop to run the machine from. I think a dedicated windows box is a better option than running boot camp or parallels.

I have not had a chance to look at the control software yet....

Kindest regards
Tim.
Tom

Post by Tom »

Hi
Laser cut 5.3 is quite easy too use
It's all about colours/layers and then pick cut,engrave ect, then set speeds and powers
You can do basic drawings in lasercut
But you are better off using a dedicated drawing package (corel,drafsight,autocad,ect,ect)
and then import in to lasercut

Tom
kelly

Post by kelly »

Thanks for the info Tom + Tim :)

Kelly
jpkerr

Post by jpkerr »

Hi Tim
I bought an LS3020 from them almost 2 years ago now. I drove down from Scotland and picked it up myself.
The people at HPC are great to deal with and make you very welcome.
As soon as I get the money together to buy the same laser that you are purchasing I will be straight back down to them without a second thought.
They bend over backwards to help if you require it.
Regards
Jim
TimBobTastic

Post by TimBobTastic »

Right that's it :!: ... decision made :!: ... Order will be placed before close of business tomorrow :D :D ....
:mrgreen: :D :mrgreen: <Very, Very Excited> :mrgreen: :D :mrgreen: