LS3020 air assist "upgrade"

Moderators: HPC, Daven

Daven

Re: LS3020 air assist "upgrade"

Post by Daven »

Coloured card is not so bad - the chalk content is lower (if present at all).

Excess power makes it worse so you need to find the right balance - if you were looking to upgrade have a look at HPC's range of Galvo's. From what I know they are great at cutting card (right tool for the right job I guess).

A small dental compressor (I have a Titan 22l) is a useful upgrade for any laser IMO - check out duty cycles to get the right size for you needs. I run my two 3060's both with 60w tubes and could do with a bigger compressor (if I had the room!). What I like is the peace and quiet every now and then (the noise is about the same as the lager air pumps AC500) ;)

Best
Dave
Using two LS3060's and an ex 3020 user
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC
Kris

Post by Kris »

Thanks for the information and advice Daven, very useful.
Thanks

Kris
---------------
LS3020, 35w tube
Macbook Pro, Illustrator CS6
Windows XP, NewlyDraw 1.5
izzysdaddy

Post by izzysdaddy »

Hi Dave

I see from the forum you use a Titan 22L compressor for your lasers. Do you use a dryer with your compressor to stop vapor or just drain the tank daily / hourly. Do you frequently need to stop cutting to let the compressor cool?. Sorry for the questions as I am thinking of getting a Titan & I wanted a honest opinion. Thank you Stuart
owner of a LS1290
Daven

Post by Daven »

Hi Stuart,
I don't have a dryer and I drain the tank about once a week (if I remember!) I empty the trap on the regulator when it needs it.

They are great - I run the airline to both my machines, one tends to be engraving so just a small flow is needed and the other does more cutting so needs more air. It has run like this for up to around 6 hours and most days for 3-4 hours. The duty cycle is a bit low but I don't have room for a larger tank.

The noise is about the same as the larger Hailea pump but at least it turns off once in a while and you can control the flow depending on the job!

Best
Dave
Using two LS3060's and an ex 3020 user
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC
izzysdaddy

Post by izzysdaddy »

Hi Dave

Information much appreciated.

Regards Stuart
owner of a LS1290