Drain while away?

Moderators: HPC, Daven

ednotdave

Drain while away?

Post by ednotdave »

Hi peeps
Newbie here, so be gentle!
I was just wondering if I should drain the water from the tube and chiller before I go away for a couple of weeks.
Thanks in advance.
Ed
Newbie attempting to use a LS3060 60W + CW4000 + Lasercut 5.3 :shock:
Spooky

Re: Drain while away?

Post by Spooky »

I never do Ed, everytime it's drained there is a chance I'm going to forget something when I get back :) (it's an age thing, I'm 50 next week)

So the chillers stay powered up and running 24/7/365
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC
Dave@OpticalPower.co.uk
PhillyDee

Post by PhillyDee »

Same for me, mine run 24/7

Not the age thing.
http://www.tmbelectronics.com - Electronics, tools, hobby tools, power tools, and much more!

An ex LS3020 user now playing with an LS6840PRO (60W) and an LS1290PRO (80W)
Daven

Post by Daven »

Never drain mine - I turn the pumps off (unless high risk of workshop getting cold!) ;)
Best
Dave
Using two LS3060's and an ex 3020 user
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC
Spooky

Post by Spooky »

PhillyDee wrote:Same for me, mine run 24/7

Not the age thing.
Yea, Phils 60 next week :) Happy birthday mate :)
Dave@OpticalPower.co.uk
Tom

Post by Tom »

Daven wrote:Never drain mine - I turn the pumps off (unless high risk of workshop getting cold!) ;)
Best
Dave
This :)

Just check the tube before lasering

Tom
TimBobTastic

Post by TimBobTastic »

Does keeping the chiller running stop freezing? (sorry if this is a stooooopid question :? )

I have the antifreeze in mine... But always turn the chiller off.... Never considered it would be advantageous to keep it running.... :?
LS3060 PLUS with a 60w tube, Chiller and Bofa filter :-)
Online Store http://www.t2kreations.co.uk
Personal Website... http://www.timbobtastic.com
Tom

Post by Tom »

TimBobTastic wrote:Does keeping the chiller running stop freezing? (sorry if this is a stooooopid question :? )

I have the antifreeze in mine... But always turn the chiller off.... Never considered it would be advantageous to keep it running.... :?
It's up to you Tim
If you just had water in then the pump would keep the water warm and circulating
so it would have less chance of freezing

Tom
Spooky

Post by Spooky »

Tom wrote:
TimBobTastic wrote:Does keeping the chiller running stop freezing? (sorry if this is a stooooopid question :? )

It's up to you Tim
If you just had water in then the pump would keep the water warm and circulating
so it would have less chance of freezing

Tom
Same, the pump unit does generate a tiny amount of heat so will help keep the water above zero in very low ambient temps (it's not a heater as such) but never turn mine off on any of my machines.
Dave@OpticalPower.co.uk
ednotdave

Post by ednotdave »

WOW - lots of replies, thanks!
I didn't think about freezing, but the house will have background heating on, just wasn't sure about the water just sitting there for 2 weeks.
Newbie attempting to use a LS3060 60W + CW4000 + Lasercut 5.3 :shock: