Laser Not firing

Moderators: HPC, Daven

Traynor26

Laser Not firing

Post by Traynor26 »

Hi all,

I was having some problems with my laser not 'firing' every now and then a few weeks ago, did the whole 'squeeze the pipes' thing and managed to get her going each time..............eventually.

I booked HPC to come out and give her a good service anyway, due to the business period coming up, cracking service as ever, £190 due to miles traveled etc, he changed my water etc etc, and all was good...................until today, only 7 days later and I've got the same problem :( :(

Positive its the water flow, possibly being caused by gunk in the pipes............apart from changing the water and 'squeezing the pipes' to try and clear any blockage, is there anything else i can do??

Dont fancy having to pay another £190 to get them out?? Especially as i asked 'if it needs a new tube, please change it' while they were here last week :shock: :shock:

Any help appreciated.
Relative Newbie, running Lasercut 5.3 on a LS3060 60w.......and a shiny LS1290 on its way
Daven

Re: Laser Not firing

Post by Daven »

You could try and clean the flow sensor out, it does come apart but you will need to seal it back up again with ptfe tape and silicone.

I have found that after a while the output coupler on the tube can become blocked too. Whilst the system is drained take the tubes off the tube (nearest the 1st mirror) and clean the pipe out with a bit of wire - you could even flush it through by connecting a tube from the pump rather than flushing through the tube.

To test it isn't the tube you can bypass the flow sensor by bridging the wire - do it safely though!

Best
Dave
Using two LS3060's and an ex 3020 user
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC
Traynor26

Post by Traynor26 »

Thanks Dave,

Have just tried most of that :cry:

Managed to fire once or twice and then nothing, even after trying the 'bypass option'.

Looks like I'll just bring forward the purchase of the 6090 :P

Will get the engineer to fix this one while installing the 6090 ready to sell on.

Thanks again

Lee
Relative Newbie, running Lasercut 5.3 on a LS3060 60w.......and a shiny LS1290 on its way
Traynor26

Post by Traynor26 »

All sorted, thanks Dave :-)

Seems the paper clip I used to bypass the water flow was coated lol.

Live and learn, so it was indeed the flow sensor. All good now :-)
Daven

Post by Daven »

That's good ;)
Best
Dave
Using two LS3060's and an ex 3020 user
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC
PhillyDee

Post by PhillyDee »

Traynor26 wrote:All sorted, thanks Dave :-)

Seems the paper clip I used to bypass the water flow was coated lol.

Live and learn, so it was indeed the flow sensor. All good now :-)
:mrgreen:

Yeah, we've all done stupid things like that before . . . .
http://www.tmbelectronics.com - Electronics, tools, hobby tools, power tools, and much more!

An ex LS3020 user now playing with an LS6840PRO (60W) and an LS1290PRO (80W)
Lightnin

Post by Lightnin »

:lol:

good you are sorted :-)

My extractor stalled when I started up yesterday .. I wondered why the workshop filled with smoke !
quick tap and it started up .. another service item on the things to do !