Brand new 1290 lasted 4 hours - Connector Help Please

Moderators: HPC, Daven

Traynor26

Brand new 1290 lasted 4 hours - Connector Help Please

Post by Traynor26 »

Hi all,

had my new machine fitted on Fri, she's a beauty!! But after a few hours yesterday, the chiller was making a god awful noise, to my horror it was empty!! Duly filled her up and searched for the leak.

It was coming from the gibbons around the flow switch/inlet/outlet area. Managed to narrow it down to the inlet set of pipes, took the hoses off, checked for splits, cut them back 'slightly', still leaking??

I'm now left wondering/hoping its the actual connector? do these things ever actually fail?? What are they actually called and can i buy one from Screwfix or Wickes etc

I know i can probably use some PTFE tape as a temporary fix, any help is appreciated. Did try attaching a photo of the 'bit' I'm talking about but says that the 'board quota has been reached'

Thakyou :-)
Relative Newbie, running Lasercut 5.3 on a LS3060 60w.......and a shiny LS1290 on its way
Traynor26

Re: Brand new 1290 lasted 4 hours - Connector Help Please

Post by Traynor26 »

Ok,

So its 100% the brass connector, i blocked off one end, submerged it in water and blue air through it using a pipe.............sure enough, bubbles coming from places it shouldn't lol.

So if someone could help me out with if they are sold in any hardware stores so i can get up and running again this weekend, id be much obliged :-)
Relative Newbie, running Lasercut 5.3 on a LS3060 60w.......and a shiny LS1290 on its way
Lightnin

Post by Lightnin »

could you take it with you to a plumbing center ?

failing that, could you use 2 part epoxy as a temp fix ?

Can't say much more without the photo :-)
Traynor26

Post by Traynor26 »

Thanks mate, i think thats what i'm going to end up doing ;)

Was trying to to do a 'google' search but can't find anything that looks like it.

Not sure why i can't upload photos, slightly frustrating, but its basically the brass fitting on the back of the machine........outside is where the rubber inlet pipe connects, and on the inside is where the other rubber pipe connect and onto the flow mete.

I'll get out for a drive around lol
Lightnin

Post by Lightnin »

ah, ok, I thought you meant part of the flow sensor .. also check air line fittings :-)
Traynor26

Post by Traynor26 »

All sorted :-)

Have plugged it straight from Chiller to flow meter for now and Chris has already phoned (on a Sat!)

New part in the post Mon. Top service
Tom

Post by Tom »

Glad you got it sorted

Tom