LS3020 - Cleaning/Maintenace - Toxicity of Fumes

Moderators: HPC, Daven

KyC

LS3020 - Cleaning/Maintenace - Toxicity of Fumes

Post by KyC »

Morning Folks

1) Just wanted to validate my cleaning regime on my laser. I am currently using a 3-in-1 silicone lubricant (http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B000 ... ge_o00_s00)

I use this to lubricate the left to right motion of the arm (clearly the little wheels do well with this lubricant)

However, my question is on the up to down bars on the left and the right - Should I be using this lubricant on them as well? or do they need more of a "grease" type lubrication?

2) On a second point I was wondering on the toxidity of the fumes (perspex/mirror acrylic) - I use the laser in a well ventilated room and the extraction pipe is external. HOWEVER because the laser is not perfectly sealed (when closed), the room does start smelling after a few cuts. I was wondering if this is harmful to me? or just need to put up with the smell? [PS Did research this and some folk advice using a mask of some nature - this seems like overkill!]

Thanks!

Ky
Daven

Re: LS3020 - Cleaning/Maintenace - Toxicity of Fumes

Post by Daven »

Hi Ky,
It should be quite low risk AFAIK - you can always check with the supplier/manufacturer. The best thing is to get a better fan if you are concerned ;)

Best
Dave
Using two LS3060's and an ex 3020 user
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC
PhillyDee

Post by PhillyDee »

The gaps in the machine are good. The air you are pulling through has to be replaced somehow. Upgrade your fan :)
http://www.tmbelectronics.com - Electronics, tools, hobby tools, power tools, and much more!

An ex LS3020 user now playing with an LS6840PRO (60W) and an LS1290PRO (80W)
KyC

Post by KyC »

Thanks Guys - Appreciated the replies!!

Apologies for the double post - dont know how I did that!!!