Turned down :(

Moderators: HPC, Daven

KyC

Turned down :(

Post by KyC »

I have worked REALLY hard to commercialize all aspect of what I have created and have a lot of unique items and a fairly professional portoflio and diverse set of goods (which have a lot of local appeal and sales)

But not Notonthehighstreet.com's cup of tea, or perhaps I am considered a risk because I dont have an online shop. Whatever the reason (which they did not care to explain - that was disappointing!) its onwards and upwards I guess!

Other than ebay / amazon, are there any other online shop fronts for lasered/craft items - Is Etsy any good?

Cheers!
Daven

Re: Turned down :(

Post by Daven »

Etsy is good but is used more by people in US and Canada but is starting to get known further around the world. You could look at Folksy as well but it does not seem to have got much recognition even though it is UK based. Facebook groups are quite popular as well.

Like real shops you need to set it up to look good (good photos etc) and promote as much as possible.

Best
Dave
Using two LS3060's and an ex 3020 user
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC
KyC

Post by KyC »

Cheers Dave
exengrav

Post by exengrav »

Take the moral high-ground here. Your work is obviously too original / good for Not On The High Street. I have seen very little interesting / original laser based work on NOTHS and what is there seems massively overpriced for what it is. How about we start a site for truly original and exclusive work - 'Not On Not On The High Street . com !'.
Daven

Post by Daven »

:D Nice idea.

I suspect they are inundated with people who have laser made items but I suspect it can also be a mix of other criteria such as low quality of photos, uniqueness and lack of a social media following that you can bring to the site (not saying this is the case with KyC).

I wouldn't worry too much - move on to the next location ;)

Best
Dave
Using two LS3060's and an ex 3020 user
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC
KyC

Post by KyC »

exengrav wrote:Take the moral high-ground here. Your work is obviously too original / good for Not On The High Street. I have seen very little interesting / original laser based work on NOTHS and what is there seems massively overpriced for what it is. How about we start a site for truly original and exclusive work - 'Not On Not On The High Street . com !'.
Brilliant cheered me right up Thanks!! :D
KyC

Post by KyC »

Daven wrote::D Nice idea.

I suspect they are inundated with people who have laser made items but I suspect it can also be a mix of other criteria such as low quality of photos, uniqueness and lack of a social media following that you can bring to the site (not saying this is the case with KyC).

I wouldn't worry too much - move on to the next location ;)

Best
Dave
I hear you ... I think, whilst they do not admit it, the main issue was my lack of an online shop ... so I will focus on that for now, along with good old markets.
Tom

Post by Tom »

Kyc
I know a few that have been turned down NOTHS
This has not stopped them making a good living from there products
KyC

Post by KyC »

Tom wrote:Kyc
I know a few that have been turned down NOTHS
This has not stopped them making a good living from there products
Thanks Tom!
TimBobTastic

Post by TimBobTastic »

I have also been turned down by NOTHS... but I get decent sales via my Website, Etsy and Facebook. I also rent shelf space in a shop and attend craft fairs / markets.

Facebook is by far the best on-line outlet, followed by Etsy and then the website (although Etsy and Website tend to fight for second place).I also attend 2-3 craft fairs a month, which accounts for more income than all 3 on-line platforms put together....

eBay has not worked so well for me, and I find the fees to be very high. (even compared to Etsy)

If you would like to give Etsy a try... use this link for 40 free listings....
http://etsy.me/1qlC4sa
I get 40 free as well if you use the link... so its a win win :D

Good luck!!!!!
LS3060 PLUS with a 60w tube, Chiller and Bofa filter :-)
Online Store http://www.t2kreations.co.uk
Personal Website... http://www.timbobtastic.com