Turned down :(

Moderators: HPC, Daven

KyC

Re: Turned down :(

Post by KyC »

TimBobTastic wrote:I have also been turned down by NOTHS... but I get decent sales via my Website, Etsy and Facebook. I also rent shelf space in a shop and attend craft fairs / markets.

Facebook is by far the best on-line outlet, followed by Etsy and then the website (although Etsy and Website tend to fight for second place).I also attend 2-3 craft fairs a month, which accounts for more income than all 3 on-line platforms put together....

eBay has not worked so well for me, and I find the fees to be very high. (even compared to Etsy)

If you would like to give Etsy a try... use this link for 40 free listings....
http://etsy.me/1qlC4sa
I get 40 free as well if you use the link... so its a win win :D

Good luck!!!!!
thanks Tim .. and yes I will use the link when Im ready! thanks again
CamG

Post by CamG »

TimBobTastic wrote:
I have also been turned down by NOTHS... but I get decent sales via my Website, Etsy and Facebook. I also rent shelf space in a shop and attend craft fairs / markets.

Facebook is by far the best on-line outlet, followed by Etsy and then the website (although Etsy and Website tend to fight for second place).I also attend 2-3 craft fairs a month, which accounts for more income than all 3 on-line platforms put together....
can I ask how you sell via FB? is it through their Shopify link thing on a company page? I ask because I've been selling via Etsy for a couple of years now and do ok out of it, tried Shopify and got absolutely no traffic at all (literally nothing). Care to share any tips for FB selling?
tilltots

Post by tilltots »

We got accepted by NOTHS but decided after 3months to delete all of our product from it as even if you searched for our very distinctive and not a real world brand no results showed up.

They basically wanted us to pay even more money for advertising on top of the fees and commision for our product to appear in other peoples search results.

IMO you've dodged a bullet.

The biggest impacts on our web sales have all been driven by offline PR in national press.
LS3060 with a 60W upgrade
Lightnin

Post by Lightnin »

tilltots wrote:We got accepted by NOTHS but decided after 3months to delete all of our product from it as even if you searched for our very distinctive and not a real world brand no results showed up.

They basically wanted us to pay even more money for advertising on top of the fees and commision for our product to appear in other peoples search results.

IMO you've dodged a bullet.
I heard that a few times from some of my customers :-(
KyC

Post by KyC »

Cheers Guys!