Making a living

Moderators: HPC, Daven

Shelleymariex

Making a living

Post by Shelleymariex »

Hi All,

Very new to the laser cutting game, but I am currently in the process of making little wooden invitations etc, haven't put anything on a website or advertised to sell just yet as I'm still working on it, however I was just curious as to how many people make either a living/good income from selling what they make? Or am I just being too optimistic that it'll really take off? :lol:

Got to dream big right?
Daven

Re: Making a living

Post by Daven »

It's not impossible but the market is becoming flooded so greater competition. I would say laser alone would not be enough depending how much you would need to cover your overheads and then live on ;)

Couple of us here tipped out toes in the water with the 3020 and have now grown into larger machines.

Best
Dave
Using two LS3060's and an ex 3020 user
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC
Shelleymariex

Post by Shelleymariex »

I have noticed on Etsy and other websites that there is a lot of people doing it now!

Maybe I will concentrate on making my money back for the machine then look into upgrading ;)
exengrav

Post by exengrav »

There may be a good living to be made if you can find a niche, something original that nobody else is doing. Don't be afraid to experiment. If you find it, then trade on the novelty factor for a while, enjoy the ' never seen that before ' comments while you can. Unfortunately, the more successful you are seen to be, then the sooner others will copy !
Lightnin

Post by Lightnin »

I'll just add, that if you want it to pay well, you have to work hard !
It's just like any other business . it will be more work than a proper job (to make the same money) , but hopefully more enjoyable.