Lasercut Help Required

Moderators: HPC, Daven

Daven

Re: Lasercut Help Required

Post by Daven »

You can use a usb memory stick to load the files using the port on the side of the machine.

I would re-install the software just in case - what windows are you using?

I suspect the fact the error goes when you unplug the usb points to driver but it does happen on mine once in a while but a wiggle of the cable or re-boot fixes it.

You can plug the usb straight into the lasers motherboard to eliminate the socket at the back of the machine - trace the cable back from the socket (make sure the machine is off).

Cheers
Dave
Using two LS3060's and an ex 3020 user
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC
Bluestorms

Post by Bluestorms »

I reinstalled the software did a reboot and now the driver shows up in device manager, but when I click on download in laser script it still says communication error. I'm using windows 7
Daven

Post by Daven »

Win 7 32 or 64 bit?

Sounds daft but is that making sure there is something ok to download. Just a simple box for example.

If so it sounds like a problem with the cable in the machine or the MB.
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC
Bluestorms

Post by Bluestorms »

Windows 7 64bit, I shall try installing on xp and see how it goes on.
Daven

Post by Daven »

Did the disk have the 64bit drivers?
Bluestorms

Post by Bluestorms »

Tried that Dave and no joy yet, how do I completly remove lasercut and all the drivers? I think I need to start from beginning.
Daven

Post by Daven »

Just delete the lasercut folder - but I doubt that is the issue as Lasercut works.

Delete the driver from the device manager.

After the error message the stand alone window should appear, if you click on Download CFG what happens?
Bluestorms

Post by Bluestorms »

Daven wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 6:31 pm Just delete the lasercut folder - but I doubt that is the issue as Lasercut works. Laser cut works ok

Delete the driver from the device manager. ok

After the error message the stand alone window should appear, if you click on Download CFG what happens?
when the window appears, there is no job at the top of the window to download or am I missing something?
Bluestorms

Post by Bluestorms »

I changed the usb cable to the blue cable that I use to have before, I think I got that when I had my other laser cutter, when I use that one I get the following error under other devices EZ USB FX2
Bluestorms

Post by Bluestorms »

if you click on Download CFG what happens? get an error saying MOTION CARD SOFT DOG NO SAME. sorry for the caps lock.