LS3020 won't fire after lasertube replacement.

Moderators: HPC, Daven

Gradz183

LS3020 won't fire after lasertube replacement.

Post by Gradz183 »

Hi guys,
Tearing my hair out here. I have successfully replaced my laser tube twice now with no issues. Not this time. Both pins on the new tube properly connected with copper wire and silicone. But when I test fire the laser.......nothing. The Dial shows that no voltage is coming through. There was an air bubble in the tube at first so I tilted the machine to get rid of it. Hope I haven't damaged something in the CPU compartment. :cry: Hope someone can help. All the work is piling up! :cry:
Daven

Re: LS3020 won't fire after lasertube replacement.

Post by Daven »

Reset the big red stop button just in case.

Tipping it should not do any harm - I used to tip my old 3020 all the time to remove bubbles! ;)

Best
Dave
Using two LS3060's and an ex 3020 user
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC
Gradz183

Post by Gradz183 »

Thanks for getting back to me! The red button has trolled me a few times before so it's on my checklist. =) Big red button is all good. Small red button for laser activation is all good. There are LED's brightly shining on all 3 components within the lockable cpu area. I have a water cooler which plugs directly on to laser tube that connects at both ends and has never been a problem so don't think there is a flow switch involved. I'm absolutely stumped. :cry:
Daven

Post by Daven »

Give HPC a call, they can advise how to test it - long time since I messed about with a 3020. I remember the potentiometer used to burn out on some machines.
Best
Dave
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC
Gradz183

Post by Gradz183 »

They helped as much as they could but there is only one guy that know how the LS3020 works and he is off for the next 2 weeks. Really stressed now. HPC can't give me a callout until he returns coz there's no gauruntee they can fix it. I've now tried bypassing the back lid latch. (Stripped the wires and twisted them together to complete the circuit) still won't fire. Everything I hear from the machine sounds right and all the LED's I'd expect to see inside the cpu chamber are glowing. I'm beginning to wonder if the tube is dud? Is there any way to test that? Bearing in mind that the last laser tube cracked, no machine problem......And now that the new one is installed nothing fires. Feel so helpless here.
Daven

Post by Daven »

There are ways to test the power supply but I do not know off the top of my head and would not like to suggest doing it due to the shock you can get, nothing to stop you searching online but be careful!!

My gut feeling is if the cable is ok from the power supply and the connections are ok then it could be a bad tube as the machine was ok before hand.

I have two machines mainly for this reason (no help I know ;))

Best
Dave