Engraving Issue - HPC laserscript 3060

Moderators: HPC, Daven

Cjpryer

Engraving Issue - HPC laserscript 3060

Post by Cjpryer »

Hi,

I have an HPC laserscript 3060 as shown in the attached picture. This was working fine until recently, however the engraving is not stopping at the edge of the engraved object. The engrave continue beyond the edge of the object, engraving a cross hatched pattern. I have attached a picture of this.

Cutting is working fine, so the only issue is when trying to engrave. I have tried to experiment with different power settings which can reduce the depth of the engrave around the edge but does not get rid of it.

Any support with this will be greatly received.

Thank you in advance for any advice.
Attachments
IMG_6034.jpg
(25.81 KiB) Downloaded 3894 times
Daven

Re: Engraving Issue - HPC laserscript 3060

Post by Daven »

So is it a new file or has the file worked ok before?

Check the options on the machine panel are set to 100% etch and have not been altered - this can cause strange things to happen.

If you wanted me to test it on mine - PM me for email to send them too ;)
Best
Dave
Using two LS3060's and an ex 3020 user
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC
Cjpryer

Post by Cjpryer »

Thanks for your reply Dave. This happens to all engraving for all files. It also does not seem to matter whether the file is imported from external software or created within the lasercut software itself. The outcome is always the same.

How do I get to the machine panel to be able to change the etch settings? I am sure that nothing has changed within the software settings since it was working last.

Thanks

Craig
Daven

Post by Daven »

It is the panel with the buttons on it on the machine - with the display ;-
Attachments
DSP.jpg
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC
Daven

Post by Daven »

See viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1562 for a bit more info ;)