Inconsistent cutting across the bed

Moderators: HPC, Daven

Kirsty

Inconsistent cutting across the bed

Post by Kirsty »

Hello,
Could I please have suggestions of what I can check/fix to improve my cutting across the bed?
Currently it cuts best in the back right corner. But as it moves to the front and down to the right it gets worse.
It also behaves badly when I start a cut at the bottom, so I don't think it's that the tube is losing power.
I'm guessing it's some sort of alignment issue, but I have no idea how to check or fix this.
Any help or suggestions would be great.
Thank you x
Kind regards
Kirsty x
HPC laser 3040, 40W
Daven

Re: Inconsistent cutting across the bed

Post by Daven »

Yes - alignment or focus.
Check bed is same height from nozzle in all corners first - if ok check mirror alignment.
Best
Dave
Using two LS3060's and an ex 3020 user
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC
Kirsty

Post by Kirsty »

Thanks Dave,
The bed seems fine.
Do you know if there's a tutorial somewhere of how to check mirror alignment please?
I've done the usual Google search and there seems to be differences to some methods, and I can't find an HPC version.
I really don't want to make it worse!!
Thank you x
Kind regards
Kirsty x
HPC laser 3040, 40W
Daven

Post by Daven »

I'm not sure if HPC have one if it is it would be on their Youtube channel.

There are a few out there and you may find some posts on this forum that will help. They key is to make very small adjustments - thin of turning the bolt 15 seconds at a time (if it were a hand on a clock).

Put tape over the nozzle and do a test fire to see if it is near the centre - turn the power down on the control panel of the machine to say 25 as well so it is a bit more controllable.

Adjust back from the nozzle so tape over the entry hole of the head and see how close to the centre that is ;)

It is one of those jobs we all hate but is not to bad if you have time and patience ;)

Best
Dave
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC
Kirsty

Post by Kirsty »

That's brilliant, thank you.
I have the patience, but not sure about the time (4 year old! 😆).
But hopefully I can crack it.
Thanks again, you've been really helpful as always xx
Kind regards
Kirsty x
HPC laser 3040, 40W
Daven

Post by Daven »

No problems - if you get stuck let me know ;)
Dx