Red Dot

Moderators: HPC, Daven

tietheknot

Red Dot

Post by tietheknot »

Hello All!
I have had a few teething problems but they all seem to be sorted now!
I have recently however been cutting bigger pieces and noticed once i get about 3/4 over on the bed of the laser, the two red beams stop., they come back on when it moves back to the other side, can anyone give me a pointer to what i'm doing wrong!
Very confusing when i'm trying to figure out the sizes!
Spooky

Re: Red Dot

Post by Spooky »

Loose wire by the sound of it :) make sure the connection is tight and it should be ok.Remember the test function will go round the total size required and not the actual parts :)

best wishes

Dave
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC
Dave@OpticalPower.co.uk
tietheknot

Post by tietheknot »

hah thanks dave, you must be sick of me now!

Where am i looking for the loose connection? Remember who you're speaking to here!

Any luck with the drivers? I don't want to pester you as you've done loads already!
tietheknot

Post by tietheknot »

Just a little ad on,
If i move the bed down and the lense goes out of focus, you can see the two red dots move away from each other,
it only seems to disappear when focused?
Spooky

Post by Spooky »

heya Nat,

Follow the two black wires from the back of the lasers (red dots) and they meet in a black connector, make sure that connector is clicked in fully :)

The other issue of the dots moving apart suggests something isn't level, have a look at the bed (the black rails) and see if anything has become jammed under it (it lifts out, just make sure the underside is al clean :))

I spoke to Chris about the sizing issue, he tends to agree with me, I think it's the type of compression used on the file (dxf) can you test cut 5 of the 50 x 50 squares I posted and let me know what size they come out?

best wishes

Dave
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC
Dave@OpticalPower.co.uk
tietheknot

Post by tietheknot »

Heya,
I can indeed, thanks for that :)
I checked the black thing, I un-clicked it by accident so it's now firmly back together!

I don't know if this will make a difference, but one of the hex screws on the red dot pointer on the left is missing, the one on the underside is not there, there is one on the right hand side one however - my focus has been a little off the last day or 2 with having to do a few passes/jagged edges so i may have to ask your help on the dreaded alignment (i say dreaded as it looks major complicated!) :lol:

Speak soon! :D
Spooky

Post by Spooky »

Its unlikely to be out of line Nat, most likely you will just need to set the focal height and re position the red dots,only takes a few minutes :)

A very quick rough check is put something 7mm thick under the lens cone (the air cone that the beam comes out of) and adjust the height to that 7mm above the material. Give that a go and see if your cutting ability improves, it won't be exact so you may need to raise or lower the table a little using the Z button until you get the best results :)

best wishes

Dave
Dave@OpticalPower.co.uk
podbox

Post by podbox »

quick question - what are the screws on the red laser pointers for anyway?
happy LS6840 User.
Spooky

Post by Spooky »

They hold it together :)
Dave@OpticalPower.co.uk
Daven

Post by Daven »

Spooky wrote:They hold it together :)
:lol:
Using two LS3060's and an ex 3020 user