LASER HEAD MOVEMENT

Moderators: HPC, Daven

Malj

LASER HEAD MOVEMENT

Post by Malj »

:D Hi i have a 6840 and have been using the rotary device which involves changing some settings, i have put all the settings back as they were before the changes were made and removed the rotary, however the laser head now only moves approx half way down the y axis, which is half way down the workbed, i feel its something about the settings,but dont know what......any suggestions. The head will move manually if the y axis is disconnected but limited when connected.

regards
Mal :?
Currently experimenting with a 6840
avalonman

Re: LASER HEAD MOVEMENT

Post by avalonman »

HAVE YOU RESET THE PULSE UNITS BACK TO 0.0072 ON THE Y AXIS in the worktable under machine options

and is the x range 650 and y range 470

Thats what mine are set to if that helps
http://www.avalonesoterics.co.uk - Making fire wood with ease.
I own a 6840 purchased april 2011, working from acer 8935g laptop with win8 pro and lasercut 5.3 software
software autocad, adobe, corel, draftcad all legal
Malj

Re: LASER HEAD MOVEMENT

Post by Malj »

Hi thanks for the reply, yes my settings were OK. I have sorted it out now by resetting everything again . but by moving the laser head to the very front edge of the work table before i reset, this seems to have worked. I can only assume that the programme recognizes the start position form the set up point...............if that makes any sense.

Mal
Currently experimenting with a 6840