Hi From Colne (Lancashire)

Moderators: HPC, Daven

Darryn

Hi From Colne (Lancashire)

Post by Darryn »

HI all,

Im Darryn from Colne, im going to be buying a laser cutter this week hopefully, im kinda set on the LS6040 Pro, but will be visiting the showroom on Friday to have a look at them and see if i could manage with the smaller LS3040. Im half tempted to buy the LS3040 and a 3030 CNC router for 3d work. As this is just a toy for me, ive no real need or use for the laser cutter, I just want one and im unsure which is more useful to me size or a 3d ability. Much like the Up!Plus 3d printer I bought last year, I enjoy playing with new toys, making pointless little bits and bobs and spending money.

Im an Engineer by trade, working at a major Aerospace company, with experience setting, operating and writing CNC programs; for 3,4 axis Milling machines and CMM machines.

I think I recognise a few names from various other forums and websites, inc PhillyDee from Thingiverse and OcUK if im not mistaken.

Looking forwards to getting a machine and beginning designing pointless gadgets. :ugeek:
Spooky

Re: Hi From Colne (Lancashire)

Post by Spooky »

The best fun you can have :) designing and making pointless toys :)

best wishes

Dave
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC
Dave@OpticalPower.co.uk
Daven

Post by Daven »

Hi Darryn,

Welcome ;)

Best

Dave
Using two LS3060's and an ex 3020 user
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC
PhillyDee

Post by PhillyDee »

Welcome! That is indeed me on both counts. Also on Stargazers lounge (been inactive for 2-3 years now on there) and Reptile Forums UK (Mostly a browser). But yes, I am very active on OcUK.

I too program, set and operate CNC machines (Currently an integrex E650) and I started out with a small laser and bought it for just a bit of fun. Then I got a bigger one.

Stick around, be amazed by tweakies ability to laser anything, with amazing results. On a home built machine.
http://www.tmbelectronics.com - Electronics, tools, hobby tools, power tools, and much more!

An ex LS3020 user now playing with an LS6840PRO (60W) and an LS1290PRO (80W)
Darryn

Post by Darryn »

Sabotaged by the weather, was meant to be going over to HPC today to have a demo on a few machines with a view to buying and picking it up next weekend (need to prep the shed before I install the machine). That was before the snow hit this morning and now I cannot even get the car off the hill, and my Van is stuck in a nice 3ft snow drift. :(

Also the weather means I'm unable to get to work on the shed, gutted. :(
Daven

Post by Daven »

Darryn wrote:Also the weather means I'm unable to get to work on the shed, gutted. :(
About time someone did something about all this weather!!!

:D
Darryn

Post by Darryn »

Well 10months after initially looking to buy from HPCLaser, Ive finally got around to it, ive been and had a demo today and settled on the LS3060 with 60w laser, picking it up in the morning and really looking forwards to it.
Daven

Post by Daven »

Excellent choice :-)