6090 has lost its Datum...I think!

Moderators: HPC, Daven

khumbu5

6090 has lost its Datum...I think!

Post by khumbu5 »

Morning everyone,

I have a LS6090 which has recently started to behave a bit strangely. Others use this machine so can't account for idle thumbs but here goes...

Firstly when I used to switch the machine on the head used to automatically find its datum by going up to the top right hand corner of the bed.

Secondly, if I now use the cursor to send the head to the extremities of the bed it does not stop automatically so therefore jitters and bumps at the edges as if it wants to continue. This goes for any of the extremities, top, bottom, left and right.

Thirdly and most annoyingly when I set a job up to be cut or engraved it starts the job from wherever it wants rather from where I have set the head up to. So the material goes in, head adjusted, press test and the head will disappear to a corner and start the contouring from there, sometimes too close the edges so it jitters and bumps again (technical term). Other times it will wander off to an area where I can use the bed so have to move my material to that spot.

I am hoping all 3 issues are related and I don't have a multiple set of problems.
Help here would be greatly appreciated! I have run out of buttons to press!

Thanks
PhillyDee

Re: 6090 has lost its Datum...I think!

Post by PhillyDee »

Firstly, I would check your home switches. These should be pretty easy to test with a multimeter (machine will be OFF for this test!) You may have a switch type (so just press it with your finger) or a proximity type, which means you will probably need a bit of steel. Not sure on that one though! I am too lazy to find mine . . . . since its running!
http://www.tmbelectronics.com - Electronics, tools, hobby tools, power tools, and much more!

An ex LS3020 user now playing with an LS6840PRO (60W) and an LS1290PRO (80W)
khumbu5

Post by khumbu5 »

Thanks for that. I have proximity sensors and would be surprised if both were faulty but will tick it off as a process of elimination.

Ta
khumbu5

Post by khumbu5 »

Sensors all checked and working fine. It also appears it has no 'Soft stop' any more...

Any more advice guys?
Tom

Post by Tom »

hi
What happens when you press datum on the keypad.
dose it datum propely or dose it crash in to the side
khumbu5

Post by khumbu5 »

No, it goes back to its position with no crashing...
Tom

Post by Tom »

You just need too set the auto datum again
give hpc a call and they will sort you out